PDA

View Full Version : Hit set vs turn made flush

z28dreams
10-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

Hero (BTN): $46.20
SB: $53.65
BB: $25
UTG: $29.15
MP: $38.85
CO: $18.10

Pre-Flop: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $1, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.35) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, MP calls $6

Turn: ($18.35) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $20</font>, Hero calls $10

River: ($58.35) T/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $9.85 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $9.85

I HATE HATE HATE these types of hands.

What's your plan on the turn raise? Do I just shove it in? This player has been pretty conservative, making it a scary bet.

This really felt like a flush to me.

apple11
10-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Shove turn i could see him having 2 pair here easy

Profish2285
10-25-2007, 11:22 PM
This more than likely is a flush, most players wont take this line with two pair when the flush hits. However, you have to at least call here as hes offering you over 4.5:1 with his min raise, giving you odds to hit your full. To be honest though, Im not even sure I could fold river once we get there as youre then getting almost 7:1 on your money. I guess this is a turn shove if youre going to end up calling almost any river anyway.

z28dreams
10-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Profish - exactly.

Turn is at LEAST a call because we are getting proper odds.

I now realize though that we should shove, because a 4th diamond would scare away any other 2 pair hands that we're ahead of right now.

NL Newbie
10-26-2007, 12:00 AM
No stats, no read, nothing /images/graemlins/frown.gif ?

corsakh
10-26-2007, 12:06 AM
I can't see someone calling this flop on a flush unless he is braindead. You have the 9d, so combo draws are out the window. Bet folding this turn is terrible given the stacks. Calling is terrible also, you can't fold getting 1 to 7 on the river and at least charge him for a diamond draw. Either check this turn if you really think he can have a flush here or bet/call more on the turn.

ps Thanks /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

NL Newbie
10-26-2007, 12:12 AM
before someone flames Corsakh he means check turn (Psst he means flop really, hes a huge fish OMGOSHZZZ).

I guess we've got no read.

his range is Ax/FD. we're deep and the FD hits, i dont mind the bet or a check.

By Checking, we:
Keep Ax in the pot and get value on river,
You MUST call a river bet though which can suck,
you induce bluffs,
you give Xy/images/graemlins/diamond.gif a free shot at flush,
you dont get raised by the flush,
you pwn him when you boat up.

I bet turn though tbh and play it the same, readless you cant fear a flush or you'll miss alot of value/give free cards which sucks.

You'll also turn into a big wuss.

Interms of combinations, there are prob more FD combos than Ax combos HOWEVER since he preflop raises AK is a huge part of his range (Ive seen this line with KQ on Kxx board too).