PDA

View Full Version : TPTK 3 Handed facing c/r

Profish2285
10-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Villain is unknown. Normally this would be an easy fold for me but we are playing 3 handed so I am not sure this is so standard. Naturally, the game was playing fairly aggressive due to it being so short handed. I felt pretty lost here so any advice is appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 3 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $29.95
Hero (BB): $48
BTN: $52.70

Pre-Flop: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif dealt to Hero (BB)
BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, SB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.50) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $13.50</font>, HERO....

Shattered
10-25-2007, 09:30 PM
I can't imagine you're less than even against an aggro range and SB's short so I just shove and pray. Deep stacked this would tougher.

Profish2285
10-25-2007, 09:32 PM
SB's not short, this is .10/.25.

Shattered
10-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Oops, sorry. I can't read, I also didn't realize this was a 3-bet pot.
In that case I can find a fold, considering a reasonable 3-bet calling range of AT+ and 66+ you're toast against everything that does this.

Schiester
10-25-2007, 09:44 PM
I don't really understand blind battles so I'm just going to post to see if I'm doing something wrong.

Lets say villans pf 3bet calling range is slightly wider than normal considering its a blind battle. Lets put him on say 99+, AQ+.

Under normal circumstances I don't expect him to bump this flop with anything but AQ+, JJ, QQ, AA, and maybe KK for an expensive felt. In this case your only ever ahead of KK and pretty much even AK, and KK/AK aren't calling a shove.

In effect, shoving this is a bad play as you have very low equity on villan's range. Calling is just the same as AK probably isn't letting go with that line.

You've showed pf strength and betted out on flop. He doesn't even mind. I'm folding.

oh well...
10-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Tough spot. W/ 6-players I think folding is clearly best. However this is 3handed and more still BvB. I can see him w/ a heart draw trying to fold you out. Who knows folding prolly best still, but we could call and shove a non-heart turn maybe?

Movelong
10-25-2007, 10:12 PM
CANT FOLD THIS HAND. CALL AND SEE THE TURN. AK IS STIL GOOD FOR HIS RANGES LIKE JJ+,ATs+,KTs,ATo+,KTo(22S+). IM SURE THAT HE WILL CHECK ON TURN.

Shattered
10-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Um, what? You're almost a 2-1 dog against that range (even including the dubious AT) and there's no way in hell he's checking the turn on a board with those draws especially after check-raising. Without a better read that villain is crazy, one pair isn't good enough to go broke with on that board: You're way behind most hands and flipping with, say, KQhh. He needs to be bluffing over a third of the time drawing close to dead (which is absolutely ridiculous) for this to be a good call.

Profish2285
10-25-2007, 10:52 PM
So this being 3 handed has no effect on the hand values at all here?

Shattered
10-25-2007, 11:00 PM
It does, but this is still a fold. You've shown massive strength and he's shown he doesn't care. Both 6-handed and 3-handed this is either an out-and-out bluff or an absolute monster; being 3-handed sharply increases the probability of it being a bluff, but not enough to make continuing in the hand profitable.