PDA

View Full Version : 25nl AKs paired board

vixticator
10-25-2007, 07:50 PM
I don't think I had any read/stats on the person at the time. Any merit in this play? Should I just bet the turn instead?

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

CO: $48.75
BTN: $16.90
Hero (SB): $25
BB: $46.90
UTG: $15.90
MP: $26.10

Pre-Flop: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, CO calls $0.25, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, BB calls $1, CO folds

Flop: ($2.75) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, BB calls $2

Turn: ($6.75) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12</font>

Shattered
10-25-2007, 09:13 PM
This is the definition of spew. You're risking 12$ to win 8.75$ and hoping he folds 65% of the time, are drawing dead against a large part of his calling range and have ~9% equity against the rest. Readless this play is burning money: AK is not the nuts.

Just check/fold on the turn to any reasonable bet. His turn bet is tiny so I think I might call down with my A high if I'm feeling frisky, depending on his river action. Folding is probably better though.

oh well...
10-25-2007, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just check/fold on the turn to any reasonable bet. His turn bet is tiny so I think I might call down with my A high if I'm feeling frisky, depending on his river action. Folding is probably better though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree c/f is def fine but a lot of times at 25NL a 1/3pot sized bet is a real weak holding just probing (esp in position). A lot of times a raise like this can fold a better although weak hand. Prolly not the right play but I don't think it's awful. I think calling turn here is worst play of the three. fold&gt;raise&gt;&gt;call

Profish2285
10-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Against an unknown I dont like it, but I dont like making moves in general against unknowns. I think the default line here against an unknown should be to c/f the turn.