PDA

View Full Version : NL50 Full Tilt: AA, how's my line?

QuietEarner
10-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Villain is 24/18/3 over 300 hands. Might be frustrated with me, because I have won several large pots with him recently without a showdown. Each time I was sure he had a big hand, but I just out flopped him: ie: sets, straights, two pairs.

Villain probably thinks I'm a little loose PF, maybe a bit over aggressive post flop.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Full Tilt (http://www.flopturnriver.com/reviews/Online-Poker-FullTilt.php#converter) Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($50)
Hero ($98)
UTG ($84.95)
MP ($26.85)
Button ($72.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG (poster) calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.75) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, UTG calls $3.

Turn: ($9.75) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG calls $6.

River: ($21.75) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, UTG raises to $60,<font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>.

Easy fold while you punch your monitor and curse right?

spivey
10-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Line is good, now fold. I prefer kicking a small animal, but the punching the monitor line works fine.

QuietEarner
10-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Looking back at the hand I'm thinking my turn bet may be a bit light, maybe 7 or 8 would have been better. Any thoughts?

Ranma4703
10-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Turn bet is fine, river bet is fine, river fold is good.

QuietEarner
10-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Any argument for a check/call on the river to any bet $15 or under. Thinking this since he's calling the whole way. But you have to bet the end for value right, just in case he is being a station with hand like JJ, KK, or any number of under pairs?

Just trying to think what I could have done differently if anything. This hand really frustrated me when I folded.

CashMoney1995
10-25-2007, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any argument for a check/call on the river to any bet $15 or under. Thinking this since he's calling the whole way. But you have to bet the end for value right, just in case he is being a station with hand like JJ, KK, or any number of under pairs?

Just trying to think what I could have done differently if anything. This hand really frustrated me when I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]
you lose to much value by c/cign

QuietEarner
10-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Kind of what I thought. Just one of those frustrating hands that I actually played decently I guess and still lost.

Speedlimits
10-25-2007, 08:36 PM
call this. it is kind of close cuz you're deep but it's still a call. also people do weird [censored] on paired boards.

spivey
10-25-2007, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call this. it is kind of close cuz you're deep but it's still a call. also people do weird [censored] on paired boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? He raised it a full buyin. You think he's doing it as a bluff? He has a T or KJ here almost always.

Khaos4k
10-25-2007, 09:03 PM
You've shown 3 streets of aggression and villain just pushed 100BB on the river. One pair is good just about never.

Speedlimits
10-26-2007, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? He raised it a full buyin. You think he's doing it as a bluff? He has a T or KJ here almost always.

[/ QUOTE ]

KJ? KJ doesn't call a flop bet. His range is Tx and pocket pairs.

CashMoney1995
10-26-2007, 01:25 PM
still a fold.

oh well...
10-26-2007, 01:50 PM
River fold seems to be good. FWIW turn bet is too small.

Arp220
10-26-2007, 01:54 PM
It's interesting....

Given he thinks you're loose, and he sounds TAG, the whole thing looks like he flopped something big and is trying to get you to hang yourself... or to make you think that. It's a very close decision. He's representing A10, or possibly Q10, but the colossal river raise makes me think theres a chance that he's bluffing. I mean, how likely are you to call that? He could well have a missed flush draw.

Personally I'd have potted it on the turn, and checked on the river if he'd called that, and then reevaluated.

Edit - He's probably putting you on AA-99 AK, AQ, AJ, and most of those would have completely missed the board. Hmmmmmmm..... ok, I throw up, strangle a cat, and call.

Speedlimits
10-26-2007, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It's interesting....

Given he thinks you're loose, and he sounds TAG, the whole thing looks like he flopped something big and is trying to get you to hang yourself... or to make you think that. It's a very close decision. He's representing A10, or possibly Q10, but the colossal river raise makes me think theres a chance that he's bluffing. I mean, how likely are you to call that? He could well have a missed flush draw.

Personally I'd have potted it on the turn, and checked on the river if he'd called that, and then reevaluated.

[/ QUOTE ]

c/c this river is really bad actually.