PDA

View Full Version : NL 25: 3 Bet Pot w/ Flopped Nut Straight

Cabe
10-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Hi all,

Was reviewing a few hands from earlier this morning and wanted to get the 2+2 take on this hand.

(Sorry in advance for not converting the HH, for some reason I can't get it to work) Anyways...

Effective Stacks: $40 (~160 bb)
Hero: Playing ~21/15/3 over about 200 hands.
Villain: 26/21/4 over a small sample (~35 hands)

PRE-FLOP:
-Hero RAISES to $1.00 from the CO with 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
-Villain RERAISES to $3.50 from the SB
-Hero CALLS

FLOP: (POT = $6.90)
6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

-Villain: CHECKS
-Hero: ?

Was curious what the best play (more like bet size) is here. Again - no real read on Villain except for 26/21/4 over an tiny sample.

Also - curious on what people think of the call PF. It's $2.50 with ~$36.50 and I have position. I also have little respect for about 90% of the players at NL 25 so I really don't mind playing this hand for 3 bets PF, esp vs some 26/21 lagtard. Still, maybe its a stretch in this spot? I don't know.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

-Cabe

Snafu'd
10-25-2007, 05:20 PM
I'd bet at least $5 given the action thusfar. He's not going to give you credit for a straight and he could very well be attempting a checkraise with an overpair. It's pretty hard to stack people if you don't start putting money in the pot at some point.

pdiggz
10-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Bet $5.50 or so. He will raise with QQ/KK and then just shove and take his stack.

Baintz
10-25-2007, 05:33 PM
I don't mind a check here. Surely overpairs bet this drawy flop? Looks like an AK/AQ that is looking to check fold. Let him catch an A/K/Q or bluff the turn.

I don't like calling the reraise pre as he may be 3-betting light from the blinds to your LP open, and you won't get paid off when you do hit your hand.

kurto
10-25-2007, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind a check here. Surely overpairs bet this drawy flop? Looks like an AK/AQ that is looking to check fold. Let him catch an A/K/Q or bluff the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happens if we check and another diamond hits? Isn't that going to slow down the pot escalation?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like calling the reraise pre as he may be 3-betting light from the blinds to your LP open, and you won't get paid off when you do hit your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree perhaps if stacks were shorter. But we are both playing with deeper stacks and we have position.

AZplaya
10-25-2007, 05:45 PM
the only way you can justify a call pre flop is if your pretty sure you can get his stack when you hit. Your not gonna get his stack by slowplaying.

Baintz
10-25-2007, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What happens if we check and another diamond hits? Isn't that going to slow down the pot escalation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it could, but I seriously doubt given action that he has a hand that we are going to stack for the reasons I mention above - overpairs surely bet this flop, and I expect AKdd, AQdd and sets would too.

If we bet the flop and he calls and wakes up on a diamond turn, are we folding when he could have the lone Ad? If I call with suited connectors in a reraised pot and hit my straight, I'm not folding with these stacks when a possible flush appears, else why call preflop?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree perhaps if stacks were shorter. But we are both playing with deeper stacks and we have position.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't notice stacks, calling pre is OK.