PDA

View Full Version : nl 50 limpraise

v1k
10-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

MP ($73.86)
Hero ($54.15)
SB ($50.25)
BB ($13.20)
UTG ($55.88)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

Flop: ($10.75) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $8.5</font>, Hero calls $8.50.

Turn: ($27.75) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

River: ($27.75) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP calls $60.36 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $88.11

villian 50/18/0.44
which line would you play?

BadSeed
10-25-2007, 02:43 PM
I'd bet the turn ~22. The whole line of the Villain looks pretty weird to me and makes me think he is bluffing. However, I am not convinced that the A-high is good enough to call here.

TTStrangler
10-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Just to flat out call the flop looks really bad here, unless you had some type of read and planned on taking it away on the turn, which you obviously didn't.

Calling a 3bet pre flop with this hand is very marginal, but since it was a min raise you probably have to call.

I'd fold the flop for sure. As played, very easy fold.

Genesis
10-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Don't know if like calling that limp-reraise preflop. How will you ever know if you are ahead without hitting 2 pair or better? I tihnk it's debatable though.

Fold the flop - calling means you pretty much have to stack your opponent every time you hit and I don't think you will. Plus your draw is the bottom end on a 2flush board.

I like the turn check to try to hit the draw. I'd rather not risk betting and having to fold to a raise. I realize we give up any fold equity, but I'm not willing to put any more money into this pot without improvement.

Schiester
10-25-2007, 03:51 PM
And why are we calling pf? he's limp raised from early position!!! How often do you see this without AA? Turf pf.

Turn / river action looks like missed cr.

His high VPIP has nothing to do with this hand. His aggression factor is low and he's betting big. I'd say he sees lots of flops but jumps ship when he doesn't hit. I can't see him bluffing here very often.

TTStrangler
10-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Ya, I was just saying on odds alone maybe call pre flop would be ok, obv Villains range has you pretty much crushed here so I'm sure that's debatable. By calling you're obv looking for the perfect/near perfect flop, which sux.

Schiester
10-25-2007, 04:01 PM
You've got about 6.7% chance of hitting this flop big assuming he's packing AA which I have to assume following pf action. You'll have to make about 33ish from flop to get your implied oddsif you hit here which I can't see being that likely often...

Maybe. Not my line though.

CashMoney1995
10-25-2007, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And why are we calling pf? he's limp raised from early position!!! How often do you see this without AA? Turf pf.

[/ QUOTE ]
folding preflop sucks....a lot. It's a [censored] mini raise. Call preflop, fold on that flop though, if anything you can raise the flop (i guess, sucks still imo) but calling is pretty terrible.

Snafu'd
10-25-2007, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
folding preflop sucks....a lot. It's a [censored] mini raise. Call preflop, fold on that flop though, if anything you can raise the flop (i guess, sucks still imo) but calling is pretty terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Folding preflop does not suck if you are going to play the hand like this postflop. OP, why on earth did you float him on the flop if you weren't planning on firing the turn? I just don't think this type of fps is useful at all at the micro stakes.

CashMoney1995
10-25-2007, 05:46 PM
yeah, note where i say fold flop. I still think folding preflopsucks. I call the mini with almost any 2.

Schiester
10-25-2007, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, note where i say fold flop. I still think folding preflopsucks. I call the mini with almost any 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what flop texture are you hoping for? An ace? I think a flop that suits you here comes rarely enough that you aren't getting value from calling this in the longterm?

Schiester
10-25-2007, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And what flop texture are you hoping for? An ace? I think a flop that suits you here comes rarely enough that you aren't getting value from calling this in the longterm?

[/ QUOTE ]

And by the way, its not just a min-raise, its a EP limp / minraise. Very different imo.

Movelong
10-25-2007, 09:10 PM
I WOULD FOLD A6S PF.AS THATS PLAY I FOLD TURN TOO. LETS PUT HIM ON RANGES 22+ AND ANY SUITED CONECTOR A2S+,k2+....U HAVE 46.317% ODD,HE GOT 53.638%. ITS EASY TO FOLD TURN /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Khaos4k
10-25-2007, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Limp re-raises usually indicate very strong hands. There are almost no flops that we like. Even an ace might not be good for us.

Nick C
10-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Given Villain's LAGgy preflop stats, I think calling the min-LRR is okay. Sure, he'll have AA or KK sometimes, but I think he's going to be donking around with KJo and 76s some of the time too. It helps also that he's passive postflop, as there's some chance that postflop we'll get to the river cheaply or for free. (His passivity postflop also makes the fact that our hand is potentially dominated less costly for us on average than it could be otherwise.)

I don't hate a fold either. I think the decision is probably close, so I'd let the donkey have his fun.

I would fold to Villain's near PSB on the flop, though. This wasn't really the flop I was hoping for.

Snafu'd
10-25-2007, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
reading comprehension for the loss, sorry.