PDA

View Full Version : Bet the turn?

poincaraux
10-25-2007, 01:42 PM
After the flop, I thought he probably had a weak Queen, a club draw, or an underpair. Decent read or not? Bet the turn or not?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

CO: $23.35
BTN: $36.25
SB: $52.90
Hero (BB): $29.10
UTG: $52.60

Pre-Flop: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.10</font>, BTN calls $2.10

Flop: ($6.30) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, BTN calls $4

Turn: ($14.30) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)

Bigka79
10-25-2007, 01:46 PM
i think if u dont bet the turn u have to ask urself what am i going to do if i check and he bets?

because if this card rolls after someone bets flop and the checked turn to me, im betting every time?

this is a rough stop and i dont know what the correct play is. i would probably check and have myself in a spot not knowing what to do i would like to see how everyone else played it

poincaraux
10-25-2007, 01:52 PM
If I check the turn, I think it's probably c/f because I'm checking thinking I'm behind quite a bit without any real outs to improve.

If it helps, the guy is 28/25 over 50 hands. He seems pretty boring, except for the fact that he min-raises from the button/co every time first in.

Milky
10-25-2007, 01:58 PM
I would have raised it to $4 pf. Flop's fine though, and I would b/f turn around $9 or so. If you check he's likely betting with ATC and you have to fold.

poincaraux
10-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Haha .. like I said, not sure how much to trust stats over 50 hands. I'm playing 4 tables, and playing basically the same on all of them. The one with this guy, I'm 17/10. The others, I'm 20/20, 6/4 and 8/6.

poincaraux
10-25-2007, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have raised it to $4 pf. Flop's fine though, and I would b/f turn around $9 or so. If you check he's likely betting with ATC and you have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, on that board, you think he's floating the flop a lot? Not so much clubs and Queens like I thought?

munkey
10-25-2007, 02:02 PM
uggh sick spot flush and TP-&gt; trips and this is a 3bet pot.

I think I check and see as a bet/fold is not good and we have no K /images/graemlins/club.gif the hands we beat are now JJ/TT and othe r undepairs u speaketh of and 1 card club pairs so they will be equally afraid of the scary board and will likely check behind.

I think I may have to c/fold or if checked through I may block blank river -OOP I think we have to give up and accept being bluffed some % time if vilian bets the turn.

Hi MR old kkool SSNL poster - BTW I assume you are aware the poincare conjecture has been proved - any historical relation?

poincaraux
10-25-2007, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
uggh sick spot flush and TP-&gt; trips and this is a 3bet pot.

I think I check and see as a bet/fold is not good and we have no K /images/graemlins/club.gif the hands we beat are now JJ/TT and othe r undepairs u speaketh of and 1 card club pairs so they will be equally afraid of the scary board and will likely check behind.

I think I may have to c/fold or if checked through I may block blank river -OOP I think we have to give up and accept being bluffed some % time if vilian bets the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was pretty much my exact thought process.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi MR old kkool SSNL poster - BTW I assume you are aware the poincare conjecture has been proved - any historical relation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Howdy. I'm slowly returning to poker.

Heh .. of course I know the poincare conjecture has been proved .. didn't you see my avatar? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm not related to poincare, but I did almost go to grad school for string theory.

BadSeed
10-25-2007, 02:22 PM
Most reasonable turn bets make Hero pot-committed. If the stacks were deeper, I'd recommend a bet about half the pot, and the Villain calls, check/fold river. But here it seems Hero has to leave the hand to a thoughtful opponent, who'll bet the turn or the river.

munkey
10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Howdy. I'm slowly returning to poker.

Heh .. of course I know the poincare conjecture has been proved .. didn't you see my avatar? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm not related to poincare, but I did almost go to grad school for string theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woops didn't notice ur avatar -ye i recognise the bearded man now /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

OT: but do you think Riemmann HYP will be sorted soon?

I did study some Number Theory @ uni but it was hard and I wasn't very good @ it , still enjoyed it -though I enjoyed it though wow some of the proofs are so ingenious.

poincaraux
10-25-2007, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

OT: but do you think Riemmann HYP will be sorted soon?

I did study some Number Theory @ uni but it was hard and I wasn't very good @ it , still enjoyed it -though I enjoyed it though wow some of the proofs are so ingenious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really qualified to have a useful opinion about it, but I'd love to see it solved sometime soon.

Man, I loved number theory. As unbelievably nerdy as it sounds, I'm looking forward to the end of grad school so that I can read some more math in my spare time /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

munkey
10-25-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm not qualified to say either but I hope it does soon and my old lecturers e.t.c seem to think it was close -what with poincare conj. , fermats lst theorem e.tc. being done.

I'm always surprised about the number of people that I meet and actually enjoy math and not that high-school numeracy crap that everyone does in HS nowadays.

BTW a good book you might like is called Gamma book (http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=OLPGmPz0rB8C&amp;dq=gamma+book+&amp;pg=PP1&amp;ots=ki bDEKQwHq&amp;sig=8BG4rEb-Z9b0-zJNpN325prX1ug&amp;prev=http://www.google.co.uk/search%3Fhl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla%253Aen-GB%253Aofficial%26hs%3Dwvm%26q%3Dgamma%2Bbook%2B%2 6btnG%3DSearch%26meta%3D&amp;sa=X&amp;oi=print&amp;ct=result&amp;c d=1&amp;cad=legacy). Maybe a tad nerdy/sad but I took it with me on holiday on my uNL funded Barbados trip and actually had a discusion with teh book with local tutor -it was quite surreal talking about abstract functions on the beach sipping cocktails and then playing beach football with this dude and his friends -but that's the kind of guy I am.

poincaraux
10-25-2007, 03:17 PM
I'll check that book out. Thanks.

And that sounds like an awesome trip to me /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

poincaraux
10-25-2007, 05:26 PM
OK, back to the hand.

The turn went check/check. Bet/fold a blank river?