PDA

View Full Version : 10nl: spew or good bluff?

Hebel
10-25-2007, 10:52 AM
villains first hand at the table

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

UTG ($10.25)
MP ($10.40)
CO ($7.40)
Button ($11.65)
Hero ($10)
BB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.3</font>, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.60) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.45</font>, BB calls $0.45.

Turn: ($1.50) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.25</font>, BB calls $1.25.

River: ($4) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5

bsball8806
10-25-2007, 10:58 AM
What hand are you representing here? AQ with the Q of clubs? AA? I usually don't like bluffing randoms without knowing they can lay down hands. However, him just calling the turn makes me think he doesn't have a strong flush/flush at all, and wants to see a cheap showdown with his A or like 10c. Triple barreling the river represents either the nut flush or something better, so imo it'll be hard for him to call without the Qc or better (which it's doubtful he has given his play).

Milky
10-25-2007, 11:14 AM
This is just bad. He's not folding a king here, most likely not folding a flush (this is the micros, they'll call w/the 2/images/graemlins/club.gif a lot). Just c/f the turn, especially against an unknown. Hell, he might even call you down with an ace w/better kicker, who knows.

Tanky
10-25-2007, 11:17 AM
I dont like this at all, ive tried this and been called by 7c and worse before.

Baintz
10-25-2007, 11:22 AM
It's been said before, (and I don't want to come off as patronising) but 10NL can be beaten easily without ever bluffing (beyond c-betting). Just valuebet strong with good hands and let the bottom pairs and gutshots pay you off.

Bluffing only works against thinking players who actually conisder your hand, and the majority of 10NL players are only concerned with their own hand. You'll be called here a lot by any flush, any K, hell sometimes any ace.
Once he calls the turn bet on a 4 flush board I don't think he's ever folding river.

JoseRijo
10-25-2007, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is just bad. He's not folding a king here, most likely not folding a flush (this is the micros, they'll call w/the 2/images/graemlins/club.gif a lot).

[/ QUOTE ]
They should call with any flush because of players like the OP (no offense).

I just don't think you're going to fold any hands that beat you at this point. Switch the turn and river cards, and you might have a bluffable situation.