PDA

View Full Version : General AK reraising question

orlov
10-25-2007, 05:07 AM
This is no specific hand, just a general example.

Assuming NL25 vs average villain with 100BB stack.

I pick up AK in the CO , utg folds, mp raises to 4BB i reraise to 12BB, he calls, everyone else folds.

flop comes rag, I dont connect. I cbet about 2/3rds of the pot, I get called and then usually check behind on the turn and have to fold to the river bet. If im oop I usually c/f on the turn.

Now my issue is that when there is no a or k on the board I literally always get called, Villains just seem to never let go of their hand in 3bet pot. Just seems to me to be a huge leak to me to cbet with ak in this spot as I get called even on the most rag flops.

whyzze
10-25-2007, 05:15 AM
fool around and figure it out...how you play in 3bet pots is very opponent dependant because you have a significantly more amount of information.

things to save you money (dont take these as gospel, they are just common):

They are never folding an overpair
They are never folding a draw
They constantly put you on ak

vixticator
10-25-2007, 05:22 AM
I usually bet turn again (in position) but this is likely a huge leak. It depends on opponent though. Sometimes I even just CRAI turn OOP. I think against most players that call flop you are behind and should give up, most of the time.

Tony Montana 22
10-25-2007, 05:23 AM
Flop texture certainly has much to do with with your c-bets and their success, some flops are better than others.
Indiscriminately betting at every flop in a 3b pot can lead you into trouble and could be a leak but NOT betting your fair share of flops I think is for sure a leak.
Also, knowing your opponent may help tons.