PDA

View Full Version : 3bet Pot - Two Pair - Easy Fold?

ICMoney
10-25-2007, 02:26 AM
He steals 7%, folds to 3b 25% and is 38/4/2.4.

This is my very first hand at the table.

If I cb and get raised I play for stacks right?

River looks like an easy fold right?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $29.65
UTG+1: $24.70
CO: $45.45
Button: $10.40
SB: $52.75
Hero: $50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10</font>, 3 folds, SB calls.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($21.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $14</font>, SB calls.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($49.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($49.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $28.75</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $28.75 returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: $49.5

PietM
10-25-2007, 02:30 AM
Hm, his raising %is very low. There is NO big pocket pair that you beat here. I don't think he wil raise 99, or call a cbet with 99 on this flop or bluff the river with it.

I think you played it fine. The K on the river makes your hand worse than, say, a 2. Now you don't even beat QQ.

Edit: and I WOULD cbet here.

ICMoney
10-25-2007, 04:10 AM
Anyone like a check behind and call the turn?

hennnerz
10-25-2007, 07:11 AM
I think your line is fine imo, probs best. It looks to me like you got money in while ahead and none in while behind.

Defo cbet here when checked to.

The folds to 3bet of 25%, how does that compare to standard/optimal fold to 3bet figures? (I dont use RTHUD (yet))

kroeliewoelie
10-25-2007, 07:40 AM
If he calls you with AA,AK,KK, you have 57% equity on the flop. The turn doesn't anything against this range.

Even if he calls you with QQ,JJ (quite likely IMO) than you 58%. (You are obviously beat by JJ, but you rock against QQ). Also in this case the turn doesn't change much.

I'd think I bet the turn again, so I do not get bluffed out the pot on the river. And to protect myself against gutshots(QQ,KK).

neaera
10-25-2007, 08:13 AM
how about not RRing Mr. 4% PFR? this number reduces his range enough so that you dont need info from RRing.

I cb and bet the turn. as played riverfold is ok as you dont beat anything anymore.

kroeliewoelie
10-25-2007, 08:25 AM
A point can be made about not reraising. I've noticed, however, that 4% pfr types usually raise weird hands. Their reasoning is like:

premium: don't raise because I CAN SLOWPLAY LALALA
marginal hand: i don't wanna spend money before a nice flop hits.

So usually it's things like AJo, KJ, QJ that they raise.

rakes.a.beach
10-25-2007, 09:41 AM
if he raises your cbet, you're stacking off here

STARSCREAM.
10-25-2007, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how about not RRing Mr. 4% PFR? this number reduces his range enough so that you dont need info from RRing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what do you do preflop, just call? What if we're out of position?

ICMoney
10-25-2007, 01:56 PM
I am in the BB and the 3bet HUD doesn't kick in until after I've played a hand at the table.

So essentially, I was readless.

After I played the hand, his stats popped up.

There are tons of limpers and I will have position on him.

I still prob pfr.

[b] <font color="blue">Since I didn't have any stats, is this a good default line against an unknown? </font>

ICMoney
10-25-2007, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The folds to 3bet of 25%, how does that compare to standard/optimal fold to 3bet figures? (I dont use RTHUD (yet))

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I just mentioned, I didn't have this stat when I was actually in the hand.

But if he's pfr only 4%, these are only good hands and I wouldn't expect him to fold any of those to a 3b.

I think the fold to 3b is usually in the 35 - 70% range.

It usually varies by position.
Maybe 25% from blinds. 35% from EP.
45% from MP. 60% from LP.

BadSeed
10-25-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't think checking the turn is good against an unknown, who may be drawing. Normally in RRd pot the tptk is a hand to shove.

munkey
10-25-2007, 02:13 PM
I fold preflop -if he has a 4% PFR then what's his calling of a 3bet range QQ+ ?

AS played fold river vs TT+, AQ you're boned and splititng with AK but losing to AQ-AT (not that I think he has AT).

i think he has maybe KK here based on river action but this could so easily be tt,jj,aa,qq that your boned by almsot all of his 3bet range.

However if he's unknown I just push turn too many ghey river cards -someone will need to stove this but we lose to tt, jj , AA but AQ and AK call and may be a stubborn QQ and this doesn't include broadway crap jto and other stuff that unknowns call with.

ICMoney
10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Obv that king is a horrible card for me.

What if the river is a blank and he shoves and:

You have the stats
You are readless

munkey
10-25-2007, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What is the river is a blank and he shoves?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I shove turn we gain the FE and apply pressure -I wouldn't be in this spot so it's hard to say what I would do. If you 3bet preflop you have to get AI turn given flop texture or you fold preflop.

traz
10-25-2007, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What if the river is a blank and he shoves and:

You have the stats
You are readless

[/ QUOTE ]

snap

ICMoney
10-25-2007, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think checking the turn is good against an unknown, who may be drawing. Normally in RRd pot the tptk is a hand to shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

He pfr from the blind. I would think this is tt+ more often than clubs or KJ, 89.

KK, QQ, etc are drawing thin and are prob dumping to a turn shove.

There are plenty of legit hands that have us murdered.

ICMoney
10-25-2007, 02:47 PM
<font color="blue">Is shoving turn good? Is it the same thing as me having 89? </font>

If he shoves on turn, I'm not too upset to get stacked here.

But I think my hand is much more likely to be good if he shoves the turn than if he calls my shove.

The pot is about 100bb on the turn so if I shove and he folds, it's no big deal I guess.

-------
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What is the river is a blank and he shoves?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I shove turn we gain the FE and apply pressure -I wouldn't be in this spot so it's hard to say what I would do. If you 3bet preflop you have to get AI turn given flop texture or you fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

AZplaya
10-25-2007, 03:18 PM
top 4% is 99+, AQ+. After he calls our flop bet I think it's safe to eliminate 99.

Board: Ah Jc Th

equity
Hand 0: 39.22% TT+,{ AQs+, AQo+ }
Hand 1: 60.771% { AdKc }

shove turn ftw.