PDA

View Full Version : AK - vs unkown ( maybe Maniac )

Fetzi
10-24-2007, 05:47 PM
So right after I join the table, I double villian up due to set over set...

Some hands later this appears...

I unfortunately dont have any reads...

We played 10 Hands together, his stats
vpip 50ish
prf, 20ish

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

BB: $20.55
UTG: $17.95
Hero (CO): $11
BTN: $11.85
SB: $8.95

Pre-Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.60</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $2.40</font>, Hero calls $0.90

Turn: ($5.65) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $17.75 and is All-In</font> Hero ....

Is this an easy fold? is he protecting his 2pair!? Maybe sfd?

Im lost, need help.

Monster207
10-24-2007, 05:52 PM
yeah I fold here all day.

orange
10-24-2007, 05:55 PM
consider flat calling this flop if you are not content with getting it in.

Fetzi
10-24-2007, 05:57 PM
well, i thought he is cbetting this flop very often...

jakrpanda
10-24-2007, 05:59 PM
At first I thought this was standard but some things popped out - Did you notice that his 3bet on the flop was very light? That's a surprising bet given that you've showed strength on a pretty scary board. But yet he's not bringing the hammer down..

Could he be trying to trap you? Doubtful he has a straight. Why would he 3bet the flop? He wants you to fold..? He didn't get max value on the flop if he hit a monster.. but then he goes all in on the next street? wtf?

It seems like he most certainly does not want a call from you. So that makes me lean towards calling of course, but given the limited stats you have on him I'd be cautious.

I may be playing timid but I'd fold and look for a better spot in your position. File under "not enough info" and see if this guy truly is a maniac over more hands. If so set him up teh bomb.

Jeff_B
10-24-2007, 06:04 PM
That is a HUGE SHOVE 3x the pot?
as MUCH as id like to call... fold and wait for a better spot..

members_only
10-24-2007, 07:25 PM
It's not really a huge shove because OP only has a bit more than a psb behind.

OP, I agree with both of the first two posters.

Profish2285
10-24-2007, 07:32 PM
I would also flat call this on the flop. Your hand is not very strong here on a board like this, so you cant take pressure if he 3 bets you. I would rather call the flop here and see what happens on the turn. If hes a maniac then I probably call a turn blank, and see what happens on the river.