PDA

View Full Version : 10NL AK Hand in a threebet pot

DennisGPunkt
10-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

Villain runs seems 25/12/2.5

UTG: $9.70
MP: $8.70
CO: $2.05
BTN: $10.05
SB: $5.90
Hero (BB): $10.75

CO posts $0.10
Pre-Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.40</font>, CO calls $0.30, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.70</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.25</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $2.85, 2 folds

Flop: ($7.70) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.50 and is All-In</font>, MP calls $5.45 and is All-In

Turn: ($18.60) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($18.60) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Kelley22
10-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Preflop looks fine but once you miss flop it looks like an easy check fold

youngmachetes
10-24-2007, 06:04 PM
pf 4-bet is kinda large, but maybe that's your standard. i don't like the flop shove at all.

BrunoThePug
10-24-2007, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop looks fine but once you miss flop it looks like an easy check fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you can put in that much of your stack PF and then just fold on the flop. Can you?

What do others think about the size of the 4-bet pre-flop by Hero. Too large/small? Just right? Is anyone pushing here?

DennisGPunkt
10-24-2007, 06:19 PM
its not standard, usually its about 1.5, but as long as they call its ok i think.

about the pot shove. i read that if you threebet you almost always should c-bet. In this case we both didnt have enough behind to just c-bet and so i decided to shove. If leading the flop in a threebet pot is a leak, pls let me now.

kurto
10-24-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure there's a lot of merit 4 betting AK oop unless you're MOSTLY going to win preflop?!?!

Do we really want to 4 bet a hand oop that we have to check fold 66% of the time?

DennisGPunkt
10-24-2007, 06:32 PM
so we should muck or call?

adlad
10-24-2007, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its not standard, usually its about 1.5, but as long as they call its ok i think.

about the pot shove. i read that if you threebet you almost always should c-bet. In this case we both didnt have enough behind to just c-bet and so i decided to shove. If leading the flop in a threebet pot is a leak, pls let me now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know its hard to resist bluffing after putting so much money in pf and then missing the flop completely, but then again, villain is thinking the same and therefore will probably call you with less than usual. It's the common psychological downfall of 'ive already put so much in, i cant let him win it now!'

Resist the bluff. As played I would have just called pf after a raise, call and reraise. Then check/fold flop. It's just too likely you're beat.

kurto
10-24-2007, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so we should muck or call?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if others agree with me, but if a tight player has already 3 bet who has position on me, I would rathar call unless my 4 bet is all in (AK likes to see all 5 cards) or if, for some reason, I think I have a very good chance of folding.

members_only
10-24-2007, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i read that if you threebet you almost always should c-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

As far as this hand goes, it would really help to have a read on SB. I would be inclined fold against a lot of 10NL min-raisers.

sisyphus75
10-24-2007, 08:14 PM
I guess you can 4bet AK oop, and I can see why you would since the person 3betting made such a donk 3bet. Maybe he doesn't know how to RR. OOP I would call to the donk action.

That flop is horrible to shove/bluff on. Any flush draw is calling and any Q is calling. Bad spot to take a stand.

IMO: PREFLOP call, FLOP C/F. you can find a better spot.

mojed
10-24-2007, 08:16 PM
It's tough without a read on MPs raise call range preflop, bearing in mind that he's calling two reraises. Also, he's called preflop with the first reraisor still to act. Assuming he's semi-decent, he's probably mucking 88-JJ preflop, and these are the hands we are trying to fold out by pushing on the flop. For these reasons, I check fold flop, don't see much fold equity here. I wonder if he got funky with KK or AA preflop, more likely AA, and wanted to induce a call or another raise from SB.

I'd love to know what MP showed down here.