PDA

View Full Version : AQ 3-bet pot deep

Profish2285
10-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Villain 3 bets very light. Also, I saw him take the following line with a set. 1/2 pot flop, crai all in on turn when flush hits. I really think he is capable of doing this with a lesser hand as the board looks like it didnt hit me. I also called played a mid pp like this against him on a ragged board and he ended up hitting on the river. What does everyone do here?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

Hero (BTN): $63.65
SB: $43.70
BB: $32
UTG: $21.35
CO: $24.70

Pre-Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $3</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $2.15

Flop: ($6.25) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.80</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $15</font>, <font color="red">Hero...</font>

prodonkey
10-24-2007, 12:49 PM
I fold to his reraise preflop.. especially since both of you are deep.

Profish2285
10-24-2007, 12:50 PM
AQ is sooo ahead of his range tho, he has done this with J10, QJ, 22, and sc's already.

bsheck
10-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Don't raise the flop in these spots if you don't know how to respond to a reraise. Here I'm sticking it in though. You're getting good odds and based on your description it looks like you're ahead a lot of times. So push.

Tanky
10-24-2007, 12:53 PM
I would fold this, villain 3 bet pre (which means little) - but then he b/3b the flop, which looks very strong, i think villain has AA KK QQ 33 55 a lot here. If I had AdQ i would peel off a turn card.

thoman8r
10-24-2007, 12:59 PM
I play this the same and fold to his re-raise on the flop. You're not good here. Best case scenario is a chop.

I don't flat call the flop because I don't want diamonds setting their own price for the draw.

Profish2285
10-24-2007, 12:59 PM
I felt calling his initial bet was terrible seeing as he could easily have a diamond draw.

Tanky
10-24-2007, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I felt calling his initial bet was terrible seeing as he could easily have a diamond draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, and youre waaaay ahead of his range, he will call the raise and then go into check call mode with KQ, QJ so you are getting value.

cooker3
10-24-2007, 01:22 PM
I prefer a 4 bet pf, if he is 3 betting atc then starting to 4 bet will make him rethink it.
As played if I am raising I am definately pushing, raising and folding to a raise is pretty horrible.
I much prefer to call and see what he does on the turn, he really doesn't have 2 diamonds here a lot and you shouldn't be overtly worried by it.

Profish2285
10-24-2007, 01:24 PM
If a diamond comes off on the turn and he fires again then do you fold? How about if it goes blank on turn and blank and river and he fires both of those also?

STARSCREAM.
10-24-2007, 01:30 PM
4bet preflop against a light 3better when you are this deep.

If you guys had stacks closer to 100BB than i'd call and shove a lot of flops or 4bet shove pre. Being deep you can't really call this preflop though.

cooker3
10-24-2007, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If a diamond comes off on the turn and he fires again then do you fold? How about if it goes blank on turn and blank and river and he fires both of those also?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on bet sizing and bet timing etc. Against person who only info I have is that he is aggressive, I am likely to call down most bets.
Again I think you way too concearned with the diamond draw, just because it's there doesn't mean he has it

wslee00
10-24-2007, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Again I think you way too concearned with the diamond draw, just because it's there doesn't mean he has it

[/ QUOTE ]
i concur - the draw is a small part of his range imo

Profish2285
10-24-2007, 01:35 PM
As far as the pf call, I dont think its bad at all. If I was oop it would be a different story but I am in position.

cooker3
10-24-2007, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As far as the pf call, I dont think its bad at all. If I was oop it would be a different story but I am in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it is bad but I think 4 betting is better for a few reasons. For 1 your 4 betting range should be wider then normal now that you know he 3 bets light, by 4 betting your forcing him to adjust which means he will likely cut it down as he knows he can't run all over you. Of course he could start 5 betting light but most people don't do it at 25nl.

Profish2285
10-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Most people dont 4 bet light either so I mean if he 5 bets my hand hits the muck soooo quick. Thats not the concern though. I think that if I 4 bet pf then I am negating the advantage I have over him, which is the button.

cooker3
10-24-2007, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most people dont 4 bet light either so I mean if he 5 bets my hand hits the muck soooo quick. Thats not the concern though. I think that if I 4 bet pf then I am negating the advantage I have over him, which is the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you start to 4 bet him and he continually 5 bets you then you insta shove AQ with a fistpump.
The other advantage you have is the fact you have AQ, you crush his 3 bet range and assuming he is a donk you will likely force him to make a mistake such as calling oop or shoving when he is miles behind

EMc
10-24-2007, 02:16 PM
You were the dude that 4 bet AT, right against a light 3 OOP but wont 4 bet AQ IP against a light 3 better. Here is a much better spot to 4 bet. It will probably win hte pot outright and will let him know you arent always FOS.

Also too, I understand you are ahead of his range, but you are entering reverse implied odds territory, where you will probably win the least ahead and lose the most behind. Not saying you are there yet but we are approaching that.

All that said, given your read do you think hes going to war with a lesser hand here? His raise size seems too small to be a bluff IMO, and I think you are giving too much level thinking if you think that he thinks you have air or will fold.

Profish2285
10-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Yea I was the dude that 4 bet AT, but times have changed...one or two days later. I just feel like I learned alot from then so that wouldnt happen again anyways thanks to you guys. Yea I probably do out think myself sometimes. I just figure someone who 3 bets light and seems pretty decent can do a couple levels of thought.

EMc
10-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Pro,

On top of that:
a. where do you find these ppl at 25nl
b. why are you giving them position on you

Profish2285
10-24-2007, 02:36 PM
A. I guess I am really unlucky and just run into them. I really dont find them as much as my posts may infer, but I really only post if I have a difficult time. As you could guess, these guys are the most difficult time.
B. Many times they have position on me because they sit down after I am like half way through my session. I dont want to get up from the table with a decent stack because someone who is a challenge sits down with me.

ronitonline
10-24-2007, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold to his reraise preflop.. especially since both of you are deep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke? Folding your BTN raise to SB with AQ is mega weak.