PDA

View Full Version : Educate me on some common situations in 6 max NL (and post your own)

Ranma4703
10-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Preflop:
LAGtard raises to 4x BB pf. With 78s, what do you do:
In position, no callers
out of position, no callers
out of position, 1-2 callers
What if the lagtard is the (stupid, awful) type who almost never folds to 3bets?

How about KJo oop vs a tight button raiser?
KJo in position vs a tight c/o raiser?

Postflop:
vs unknowns
Marginal hand oop vs a pfr (66 on a 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or JTo on a 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif board)
Marginal hand oop after raising pf, flop goes bet/call by opponent, whats our turn action? Bet/fold, c/c, or what?

If you have any line ideas, post them, or if you have common situations you need help with, post those too.

prodonkey
10-24-2007, 10:58 AM
If the board is TJQKA open shove, because someone might fold.

Pokerdemic
10-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Here is a shot at the preflop. You need to include stack sizes because that is crucial.

1. the first one depends on stack sizes. If you are both deep you can call for implied odds in position. Otherwise, I would 3bet in position unless he doesn't fold to 3bets often. 78s sucks to play out of position, so fold it from the blinds unless there is a multiway pot and everyone is deep (unlikely at NL50)

2. drop KJo against any tight raiser. it is a dominated hand.

Ranma4703
10-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Assume standard (100bb) stacks for these. The post flop marginal hands are especially hard for me, because I raise a lot pf and I bet a lot post flop, so when I check the turn I'm often weak, so opponents might bet there with just about anything, but there is still the river to figure out if I do call.