PDA

View Full Version : Donk wakes up on the turn, when I hit MY ace...huh??

Lostit
10-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Villain here is 64/24/5 over 100 hands.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

BTN: $22.50
Hero (SB): $49.50
BB: $101.40
UTG: $52.15
CO: $176.95

Pre-Flop: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (SB)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls $3

Turn: ($9) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $24</font>, <font color="red">Hero ???[/i]<font color="black">

Normally this is a standard monster line, but can you give credit to a guy with stats like this? Also, if you call this bet, you're basically pot committed.

What to do here? <font color="black"> </font>

AZplaya
10-24-2007, 11:38 AM
I would fold unless you know he's spewy/bluffy post flop. He's obv got fishy stats pre but that doesn't necessarily mean he's gonna peel this flop with A8o and come to life when he spikes an ace. I think this is aces up or a slowplayed set alot.

bsball8806
10-24-2007, 11:42 AM
AJ, 44, or 33.

easy fold.
He's not calling the flop with A10, A9, or lower anyways

STARSCREAM.
10-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Depends what you've seen him do before, a player with these stats is a huge spew monkey, and could very easily be making a bluff here. If you have any type of read on him here i'd shove .

Vkk
10-24-2007, 01:34 PM
With AJ I think he'd reraise postflop for sure (seen from his AF)!

As stated above, might have slowplayed a set on the flop. Or he CC'ed you with Arag (A4, A3) for two pair. Semi-bluff (flushdraw) maybe?

wslee00
10-24-2007, 01:45 PM
if you don't know how he plays on the turn, then i'm folding. I played against a 73/2/1.5 last night and he was semi-smart post flop. Whenever someone bet and he raised, they always thought he was FOS and he ended up taking huge pots off of people when he had the near nuts and the other guy had like 2nd pair or something.

cooker3
10-24-2007, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Depends what you've seen him do before, a player with these stats is a huge spew monkey, and could very easily be making a bluff here. If you have any type of read on him here i'd shove .

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, I find it hard to fold anything against someone with stats like him espeically when I have TPGK

1tripz1
10-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Id make it $2 pre and if called make it $3.50 on the flop. Dont like potting it for c-bets as it looks too much.

On the turn if i was raised i would probably fold.

EMc
10-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I sure dont like folding here. Ive seen a lot of donks with these stats peel off with Ax here. I guess its probably correct but im not happy with it.

cgm93
10-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Depending on what his defend blind numbers are (I see a lot of these 60+ VPIP guys just never let a bb go), is this ever a 2,5?

Lostit
10-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Basically from the responses, I get the impression that its a tossup and could go either way. I sort of felt the same way at the time.

The only difference was I considered this a fold or push scenario due to the fact that I would be pot committed anyway if I simply called. Might as well gain a little fold equity (however small) if its all going in.

Villain insta called and turned over 33 for the set. Thanks for all the responses.

Milky
10-24-2007, 05:01 PM
The thing with these hands is, he probably thinks the ace is a big part of your range and can bet big here with a monster (2p, set) because it most likely helped you. I like to take this line a lot with big hands as I figure I'm getting paid off most of the time and if he didn't have an ace then it scared him and you probably aren't going to make much off the hand anyway, so just assume he has it and make a big bet/raise for value.