PDA

View Full Version : how pissed are you when you don't win all this guys money?

jerryf1914
10-24-2007, 01:16 AM
i try to get it all in on this flop everytime with villians cards is something wrong with me?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (6 handed) Ultimate Bet (http://www.flopturnriver.com/reviews/Online-Poker-UltimateBet.php#converter) Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($9.80)
Button ($23.28)
Hero ($9.90)
BB ($9.55)
UTG ($13.48)
MP ($10.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.8</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $0.80, CO folds.

Turn: ($2.40) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.3</font>, UTG calls $1.30.

River: ($5) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, UTG calls $5.

Final Pot: $15

Results:
Hero has 9d Ad (flush, ace high).
UTG has Td Kd (flush, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins $15. </font>

mecbluefugate
10-24-2007, 01:17 AM
No, if you were villain here it would be one of those hands where you pay him off everytime. Flopping king high flushes and getting it all in will show a profit, folding them won't.

creamfillin
10-24-2007, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
CO bets $0.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.8</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Phalaris
10-24-2007, 01:20 AM
raise more on flop, bet more on turn and you won't have this problem.

drsmooth
10-24-2007, 01:21 AM
Raise more on the flop and bet more on the turn. Even raising to $1 on the flop would mean you could bet $2.5 on the turn and get all in on the river.

I don't know why villain would play so passively...

Profish2285
10-24-2007, 01:24 AM
Please raise more on flop. Then proceed to bet more on turn, which can then let you shove on river.

Micro Donk
you would have gotten his stack had you raise more on the flop and bet more on the turn, then you could have shoved river

jerryf1914
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would but i'm not exactly putting anyone on the second nut flush....

Profish2285
10-24-2007, 01:25 AM
It doesnt matter what you put him on. If he is calling your min raise he will probably call a normal raise. If he folds then he wasnt paying you off anyway. I wouldnt be pissed about not getting his stack if I didnt bet strong the entire way.

jerryf1914
10-24-2007, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It doesnt matter what you put him on. If he is calling your min raise he will probably call a normal raise. If he folds then he wasnt paying you off anyway. I wouldnt be pissed about not getting his stack if I didnt bet strong the entire way.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do i want to scare off someone who has something like kj?

drsmooth
10-24-2007, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would but i'm not exactly putting anyone on the second nut flush....

[/ QUOTE ]

All you have to do is bet a fraction more on the flop and turn and you'll be able to push the river and get called. If he will call $.80 he will call $1.2 or even just $1 if you are that scared of losing him

Profish2285
10-24-2007, 01:31 AM
What I am trying to explain here is that you arent going to scare him off his one pair. In fact, I would be more scared of your min raise than a standard one as a check min raise at these levels is a sign of alot of strength usually. You cant be scared of pushing him off a hand, he either has one that will call a bet or he doesnt. So c/r a normal amount and take his stack by the river if he likes his hand, or he will be folding regardless.

Micro Donk
10-24-2007, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why do i want to scare off someone who has something like kj?

[/ QUOTE ]

so your raise makes him call .40 more, say he calls 100% of the time

if you make it 1.6 total, making it 1.2 for him to call, he only has to call 34% of the time to make it more profitable than a minraise

minraising sucks, period, and loses value nearly always

am i right about that, i tend to mess up math

wems
10-24-2007, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i try to get it all in on this flop everytime with villians cards is something wrong with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CO bets $0.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.8</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pls dont ever minraise again.

jerryf1914
10-24-2007, 01:35 AM
keep in mind the guy who made the originaly 40 cent bet was not the guy who had the second nut flush

Profish2285
10-24-2007, 01:37 AM
It doesnt matter, just stop minraising. There are so definite things in poker, this is one of them, especially at this level. Mathematically min raising sucks, image wise it sucks, there is nothing good about min raising. If you want max value on your hands then remove the term min raise from your vocabulary.

Micro Donk
10-24-2007, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
keep in mind the guy who made the originaly 40 cent bet was not the guy who had the second nut flush

[/ QUOTE ]

so what?

this happens every time you make a topic.

you make the topic, we post ways you should have played it better and gotten more value, you dont listen and continue to justify your minraising. stop it.

toddxlogan
10-24-2007, 01:40 AM
OP: Please stop posting. You never listen to advice, and you consistently make the same horrible mistakes. This forum has tried so many times to give you solid advice and you always reject it. Then you make yet another dumb post.

Mods: Please ban OP. Hate to be such a dick but its suuuuch a distraction in the forum!

(Note: I have no expectation that this will ever actually happen)

jerryf1914
10-24-2007, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so what?

this happens every time you make a topic.

you make the topic, we post ways you should have played it better and gotten more value, you dont listen and continue to justify your minraising. stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't get you man. i try to start a discussion about the hand by responding to the answers. wtf is wrong with that???

EMc
10-24-2007, 01:41 AM
About as pissed as I get when you start a dumb thread. Which is a lot.

Locked thread, probable vacation for Jerry.