PDA

View Full Version : Being min-raised

Spurious
10-21-2007, 10:29 AM
He just sat down, so no reads on him.

Looks like a standard line, doesnt it?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($4.69)
UTG ($6.36)
Hero ($11.40)
Button ($4.84)
SB ($8.46)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.2</font>, Button calls $0.20, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($0.47) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4.64</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.67

Profish2285
10-21-2007, 10:35 AM
The board is really drawy so you could make a case for pushing if the guy is pretty aggro. If he isnt very aggro, then this is a clear fold.

doublehawk
10-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Yeah, pretty standard. Not sure if you're looking for opinions, but I'd probably call a minraise with TP and maybe check/call turn and river. Easy fold to the shove though.

members_only
10-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Don't like your flop 3-bet. You are giving him good odds to draw, and you will have to fold to a push. If you do this it has to be for value or as a bluff/semi-bluff. A 3-bet for information kind of sucks imo.

Spurious
10-21-2007, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't like your flop 3-bet. You are giving him good odds to draw, and you will have to fold to a push. If you do this it has to be for value or as a bluff/semi-bluff. A 3-bet for information kind of sucks imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, i should have 3bet more here.
But on the other hand, he folds most hands i beat, calls with TP hands that i beat and raises hands that have me beat.
I raised the flop, because it was early in the session and i wanna know what min-raises mean, therefore i usually reraise the first min-raise. Raise for information suck most of the time, but i think they are +EV against min-raises.

ICMoney
10-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Hero made an 80% PSR so it's not like he min-raised back.

He either has a draw/combo/set, but either way he is prob looking to get more money in.

It's only a MR and I would prob call and re-eval.

If turn blanks you could CR him if you think he's drawing.

ICMoney
10-21-2007, 02:49 PM
I just thought:

If he's drawing he can just call and bust you in position.

He raised min and risked open up the betting again.

The low-limit donks love to raise, but don't want to chase their customers away.

He called your PFR IP and could easily have 2 pair or a set.

I said CR a min ago on a blank, but I'm really just looking to spike an ace or ten or running hearts and hope it's good.