PDA

View Full Version : PL$25 - LAGging it up with QJs? or just playing badly?

RobTheDuck
10-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Comments on all streets are welcome.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 PL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $17.40
BB: $25.90
Hero (UTG): $64.70
MP: $12.95
CO: $25.15
BTN: $25.10

Pre-Flop: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, MP folds, CO calls $0.85, BTN calls $0.85, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.90) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.45</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $5.10</font>, Hero calls $3.65

Turn: ($13.10) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $19.15 and is All-In</font>, Hero ????

TTStrangler
10-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Ambitious pre flop raise, I don't usually raise UTG with that hand. I suppose the cbet is ok with your draw, but should have been more if you really want to cbet there.

I don't think you have the odds to call the raise on the flop since you def won't be able to see the river for free. And I really don't think you have the odds to call the turn push. Looks like Villain has a set here. I really need to educate myself on calculating odds so I can add some math to my responses.

Dr_Doctr
10-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Any reads? If you're going to bet that flop don't bet half the pot because you wouldn't do that with an overpair or set. C/f the turn without a read. As played fold. Generally if you're trying fancy plays like two-street blocking for your flush draw you need a very good read and it's usually more trouble than it's worth. After Villian raises the flop he's not going anywhere usually at these stakes.

whyzze
10-20-2007, 11:08 PM
reads? Shoving the flop is best if you aren't folding to his raise.

Hey_Porter
10-20-2007, 11:26 PM
What were you doing there on the turn?

Antinome
10-21-2007, 01:37 AM
I know how loose those 25PL games are at FT on weekends... JQs looks nice UTG, but... OK, I'd raise it too, but I'm trying to stop, honest. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bet pot on flop to maximize FE. This flop is why we LAGtards raise JQs UTG, it merges our play with how we play overpairs and small sets. Bet like you have TT+.

Furthermore, a real bet is more likely to get a pure response from villain... he could easily be probe raising you with a weak one pair hand, easily giving you odds to continue... whereas if he raises your PSB you really have to start biasing his range toward much stronger hands, which helps a lot in deciding what to do next.

As played, push flop. Blocking turn is futile. check and hope he makes a bet sizing error.

Kasane
10-21-2007, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

bet pot on flop to maximize FE. This flop is why we LAGtards raise JQs UTG, it merges our play with how we play overpairs and small sets. Bet like you have TT+.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, bet pot or close to it. Flop bet size was the first problem I saw.

Turn donk doesn't make any sense either.