PDA

View Full Version : NL 50 Overpair turn play

Bren
10-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Hi,
Have been reading the posts here for a liitle while and deciding to start posting. I've found my biggest area of problems at the moment is my turn play.
villian is 23/10/2 over 90 hands and I have not seen him get out of line.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

BTN: $51.55
SB: $109.10
BB: $37.25
UTG: $87.70
MP: $51.05
Hero (CO): $92.85

Pre-Flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif dealt to Hero (CO)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2.50</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.50</font>, BTN calls $7.50, 2 folds, UTG calls $5

Flop: ($23.25) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $17</font>, BTN folds, UTG calls $17

Turn: ($57.25) J/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $40</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $63.20 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $23.20

Should I be checking behind here on the turn in order to gain an extra bet on the river? It seems I've been folding out too many hands that i beat in this spot and only getting action from those that out floppped me. Considering both myself and villian are reasonably deep should I be slowing down?

Win.by.TKo
10-19-2007, 11:07 PM
I have no problems with the play thru the flop. However, if you believe that UTG doesn't normally get out of line, then the flop c/c should be worrysome. Is he one to attack what could be considered an orphan flop. Would he play this way with 77+? Would his range more likely be TT+? It is also unlikely, but entirely possible, that he could change up and bet this with two overcards. Based on your read on your opponent, the loosest range you could use is 99+ and AK.

Once the turn J showed up, I'd be inclined to check behind, as now you only beat 99, TT and AK in his range, then bet the river accordingly.

cooker3
10-20-2007, 12:18 AM
Yeah I prefer a check behind as it's unlikely your getting 77-TT to call a 2nd bet which would be a decent part of his range imo.