PDA

View Full Version : 10NL - QQ vs a 3bet

Chxdgt
10-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Villain is semi-loose aggressive, running about 29/22/4 after about 50 or so hands. I've seen him bet and raise a lot with position... seems to know what he's doing. If he's paying attention, I'm running about 15/11/6.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

Hero (MP): $10.55
CO: $15.05
BTN: $13.80
SB: $11.10
BB: $11.30
UTG: $14.10

Pre-Flop: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.30</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $0.90

Flop: ($2.70) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $9.80 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $4.25 and is All-In

Turn: ($21.20) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($21.20) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

I can't very well put him on an 8 or a 4 given the preflop 3bet.

I can't put him on a heart draw either... maybe A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif, and if he's got it, good for him.

If I had AA/KK I'd shove this flop without hesitation or regret if I got stacked... how about QQ? I just couldn't see calling this flop and check/folding the turn on a board this dry, so I went ahead and pushed. Is this bad? Comments appreciated.

Win.by.TKo
10-19-2007, 10:59 PM
With his stats, such a play could be done with any overpair 99+, of which you would only fear AA &amp; KK, in which case you're destined to go broke with this hand. Your SPR on the flop is ~3, which is solid for an overpair. It makes the shove call an easy one. As the cards fell, I would have to chalk this hand to variance should he show JJ.