PDA

View Full Version : Wheel and FD on board, I have 76

sapsuckah
10-19-2007, 02:34 PM
From a micro .05/.10 full-ring cash game this morning. Sorry no HH, doing this from my office.

Villain and I both have about $11.

I limp 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif from EP, button limps, BB checks.

Flop comes A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. BB checks, I bet 0.30, button folds, BB calls.

Turn is a 2/images/graemlins/club.gif. BB checks, I bet .80, BB calls.

River brings a 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, giving me a straight to the 7 and putting a wheel and a FD on the board. I bet $2.00, BB minraises to $4.00.

Your play? Is pushing here better than calling since I'll get calls from people thinking I'm just trying to bully them off the hand when the board plays? Plus the odd hands with 6s in them who'd be happy to call most likely.

I'll lose to a flush a good percentage of the time, but long-term do you think that I'd get enough calls when I'm ahead to make pushing profitable?

Matt

sapsuckah
10-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Nobody? I thought this was a pretty interesting spot actually...

Sniiii
10-19-2007, 06:54 PM
''From a micro .05/.10 full-ring cash game''

Either way, I'll usually just call him here. It's a very likely line for a flushdraw: call flop, check turn, raise river if hit. Especially since he just minraised you, you're getting a cheap call.

Takeover_inc
10-19-2007, 07:07 PM
For me it really depends. I can see calling sometimes and i can see pushing others.

sorry for the "it depends" answer, but i think your read on the villain/table image ect plays a big role here.