PDA

View Full Version : set on a drawheavy board

RockRattler
10-19-2007, 12:04 PM
villain is 26/16/2

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

UTG: $35.24
MP: $67.90
CO: $53.99
BTN: $46.31
Hero (SB): $101.28
BB: $51.43

Pre-Flop: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif dealt to Hero (SB)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.25, BB folds

Flop: ($3.50) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.50</font>, BTN calls $5.50

Turn: ($18.50) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $14</font>, BTN calls $14

River: ($46.50) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero ?

PJo336
10-19-2007, 12:10 PM
I usually cry and push and then cry more. I cant really see just c/f or b/f, seems too weak

Genesis
10-19-2007, 12:14 PM
We don't get away from this even if he caught, just push the river. Villain's got decent stats, so I doubt he's got junk here after getting to the river. I would guess some sort of combo draw, like overs plus flush draw, or maybe an overpair he can't release. Really we only have two options, check/fold or push, and I think we beat enough hands that pushing is proftable.

PJo336
10-19-2007, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We don't get away from this even if he caught, just push the river. Villain's got decent stats, so I doubt he's got junk here after getting to the river. I would guess some sort of combo draw, like overs plus flush draw, or maybe an overpair he can't release. Really we only have two options, check/fold or push, and I think we beat enough hands that pushing is proftable.

[/ QUOTE ]
what do we beat that he calls with tho?

Win.by.TKo
10-19-2007, 12:27 PM
These stats are very similar to my own, but I play at a much lower level.

That being said, the preflop call could come with ATC as a button steal, so opening up his range would be the first thing I do.

I don't like the flop c/r. He could easily take a free card if he came in with suited clubs. I would much rather bet out to get more money in the pot and make a club draw pay for the privilege. Betting around the pot would work. An overbet could be a possibility. Villain may take that as an attempt to resteal on a low, drawy board.

I don't mind the turn as played, as long as your goal here is to continue to jam the pot believing your hand is still good. This bet leaves him with $23.51, which will give you 3:1 pot odds if he pushes.

Yes, seeing the club on the river sucks. I would think that he is not on the club draw after he bet out instead of checking behind your flop check. I'd be inclined push here and see what happens.

If at any time earlier in the hand, you should show down if you are believing you are beat. The earliest place you could be beat is the turn, assuming JJ. Again, that is such a small part of his range that you shouldn't fear it that much. He could just as easily been trying to steal with a low PP (22 or 44) thinking you could be playing an overpair. If he believed that his hand was good after the J fell, wouldn't he have reraised to make you pay to draw out?

Genesis
10-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Maybe 22, 44, 88+. The situation is bleak, but there's no way we can bet-fold, villain has $23 left on river, the pot is already double his stack. If we check I don't think he bets with much we beat, except 22 or 44 which we should have heard from on the turn. If we push he calls 22, 44, and maybe overpairs. Check folding and pushing are very close in my opinion, but I'm not willing to give up now with the pot so big. Take solace in the fact that if he called the turn with anything other than JJ that his play is overall -EV.

monkeymaps
10-19-2007, 01:00 PM
this could be 99 or QQ alot of the time too IMO kinda like c/c better than push im mean im not folding anyway and he may make a desperation bet on the river with a hand that might not call a push but it might be kinda slim IDK.