PDA

View Full Version : NL 25 two pair, hows my line?

Profish2285
10-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Villain sat down less than an orbit ago so no reads.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $2.45
Hero (BB): $26.35
UTG: $14.10
MP: $4.15
CO: $23.50
BTN: $18.75

Pre-Flop: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, BTN folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($1) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1</font>, MP folds, CO calls $1, SB folds

Turn: ($3) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, CO calls $3

River: ($9) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $9</font>

NL Newbie
10-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Fine, if you get raised we may have a problemo.
You probably did get raised since you posted it, erm if you did, which you probably did since you posted it, you should probably cry.

Hmmm I can only see K9/46/A4 however a river raise could be AK being stupid or KQ.

Hmmm
Did you get raised? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Richard Tanner
10-19-2007, 10:16 AM
I probably bet $2 on the turn and $6 on the river, but I tend to favor smaller bets to keep from having villian push over my $9 river and have to stack off to A-4, 4-6, etc.

I'm willing to give up that value for a reduction in variance, but if that's not your style, then your line is fine.

Cody

Profish2285
10-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the replies so far, to answer your question, no I did not get raised. If I got raised I would probably insta muck as I dont think many unknowns would do that with less. The reasoning for my big bets was it was a limped pot, but then I started thinking maybe less is better.

daveLux
10-19-2007, 10:22 AM
as i dont see him checking a set here twice with all the limps and the straight and flush draws possible we can naarow his calling range down to a K with a medium to high kicker (KQ-K8) or a flush draw which i would say is far more probable in these lowstakes games so unless he had K9 we definetely are ahead here but if we are we are so far ahead that he wont call a pot sized bet with just a K alone in this spot. so unless u think he might bet with a busted draw i think a bet about half the pot should get him to pay u off if he does have KQ KJ or KT. i like a bet here but a tad smaller . if he does have a flush draw and missed , by betting smaller you give him a shot at trying to bluff at it.. but else i think your line is fine