PDA

View Full Version : 25NL (6-MAX): was I too aggressive with my turned straight ??

yeedog
10-19-2007, 02:36 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($39.90)
SB ($19.90)
BB ($37.65)
UTG ($29.60)
MP ($29.40)
Hero ($138.10)

<font color="purple">
UTG is really loose playing 45% of his hands. He is also quite passive always limping in. I raise looking to get heads up against somebody and hopefully have position.
</font>

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, Button calls $1.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($4.10) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, Button calls $3, UTG calls $3.

<font color="purple"> mono-tone flop doesn't look great but I raised pre and will continue my aggression with a c-bet. I had been taking pots down often all night with c-bets. I also have an OESD and what are the chances somebody flopped a flush...
</font>

Turn: ($13.10) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $25.35</font>, Hero???.

<font color="purple"> I hit my straight on the turn and UTG checks to me. So I figure one player may have hit top pair or even 2 pair and slow playing / scared of a flush and the other has the Ad and drawing. This could be totally wrong but it was my thought. So i want to get value from 2 pair and prevent an Ad from drawing. Plus I have a straight. I bet out almost pot and UTG re-raises all in.

Was the continued aggression on the turn smart or was it just narrowing down the field to just the flush. UTG going all in said to me that he had the flush, but i'm not 100% sure.

I have to call tho right? 15 more in a 50 dollar pot and what are the chances somebody flopped a flush.... Is this flawed thinking?

</font>

River: ($63.80) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $63.80

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 2d 3d (flush, king high).
Hero has Jc Qh (straight, ace high).
Outcome: UTG wins $63.80. </font>

kroeliewoelie
10-19-2007, 03:20 AM
c/c flop and c/r turn usually means flush in my experience. If he was very aggressive I'd call without a second thougt, but since he is so passive and suddenlly gets very aggressive after you show interest in the pot, I think you have to lay this down.