PDA

View Full Version : [50NL] QQ ... line check

kenadams
10-19-2007, 01:28 AM
SB is 26/21/13.5 (67 hands)
I hadn't seen him 3-bet before, which is why I smooth called (does anyone 4-bet because it's a button/blinds battle?). At the flop, I was suspicious as to why he didn't c-bet but choose to check instead as he'd been pretty aggressive overall up to this point. I thought I was WA/WB at this point (could be TT/KK/AA). Would anyone bet there and why?

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

UTG: $73.50
BTN: $20.69
SB: $179.18
Hero (BB): $55.06

Pre-Flop: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $5.50, BTN calls $4.25

Flop: ($18) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($18) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $14</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $49.06 and is All-In</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $35.06

River: ($116.12) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

vixticator
10-19-2007, 01:36 AM
Assume c/r on flop failed. This is a 3bet pot, I am not worried about flushes. And you have a lot of outs against AhKh. Push, nice hand.

Hail Eris
10-19-2007, 01:36 AM
Bet the flop for sure. This guy is never checking it with anything that beats you.

bazooka87
10-19-2007, 01:43 AM
I'm betting this flop almost always, the only hand that beats you that he checks is probably a set of tens and is going lol i srowpray goot

Supwithbates
10-19-2007, 01:48 AM
Flop check is great, pot is already big and this is a perfect spot for deception. Yes, you risk an A or K hitting turn and having to c/f, but I think controlling the pot here is best

Hail Eris
10-19-2007, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop check is great, pot is already big and this is a perfect spot for deception. Yes, you risk an A or K hitting turn and having to c/f, but I think controlling the pot here is best

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands is a "26/21/13.5" checking on this flop after 3betting PF that we're trying to play pot control against? Shouldn't we be betting to extract from BTN, whose range is a lot hazier and who can easily be drawing on this board?

kenadams
10-19-2007, 04:48 AM
Well what happened is that SB turned over KJo for the turned straight, so actually he was the one drawing on the flop. Initially the fact that he 3-bet KJo made me sick to my stomach and felt that if there was any justice in poker I would have boated up on the river. More I thought about it though was that his 3-betting raise might have been a little wider than usual as he probably assumed I didn't have a hand as the BB and the button might be stealing.

With the drawy texture of the flop I think I should have bet it a good amount and call any shove (if I call the shove I'm doing it because I'm priced in, but I expect to be behind).

Or I could just do it off as a ridiculous cooler.

traz
10-19-2007, 10:20 AM
I still 4bet preflop, and if I'm calling I"m definitely not checking this flop with 2 other people in the pot.