PDA

View Full Version : JT flops 2 pair, river puts 3flush on board

Genesis
10-19-2007, 01:27 AM
10 NL

Hero $10
CO $14

First hand at table.

CO open limps, SB completes, I check my J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif

Flop ($.30)
J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, I bet $.30, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn ($.90)
6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet $.75, CO calls.

River ($2.40)
A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I have no idea what to do and decide to bet $.80, planning to fold to any sizeable raise. Seem ok?

vixticator
10-19-2007, 01:29 AM
I don't like that card for a few more reasons than flush. Check/call hopefully induce bluff.

Genesis
10-19-2007, 01:34 AM
True, could have made better 2pair or straight draw. How big of a bet are you willing to call if you check? Half pot?

Supwithbates
10-19-2007, 01:44 AM
bet fold is good check call is horrible
why would you induce a bluff when every draw just got there? Checking just lets him check behind hands like KJ and bet when he rivered us.

Hail Eris
10-19-2007, 01:48 AM
I would just c/f. I guess b/f is fine against a station, but even passive fish will sometimes bluff raise you here.

vixticator
10-19-2007, 01:55 AM
I'm just trying to think what he could call a bet with. Maybe KJ, QT, KT, 9T? Meh. Not much. Those are pretty loose calls obv. Not sure what he might BET with that we beat either... some tard with a low pair? Or, he's just called two streets with intent on bluffing river. That's about it. Hard to believe he does these that much. Maybe this is c/f afterall.

Genesis
10-19-2007, 01:57 AM
That was sort of my dilemma.

I considered check-call but it seemed like I'd only be paying off better hands most of the time, occasionally a bluff. But the bluffs would probably be around pot-sized and I wouldn't pay that much to find out.

I considered check-folding but I could definitely be ahead here still.

That left me with bet-fold. I wanted to bet as small as I could get away with but still get enough respect that I wouldn't be bluff-raised very often. Does 1/3 pot seem good enough? Would 1/4 pot work as well? Would 1/2 pot be better?

Hail Eris
10-19-2007, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I considered check-folding but I could definitely be ahead here still.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, you're often ahead when you get to the river. But how often are you ahead when you check the river and he bets?