PDA

View Full Version : AA - river value bet or check behind?

Genesis
10-19-2007, 12:56 AM
SB has been here for about 5 hands. I think he's seen 4 flops out of 5. Last hand I opened from Button, he called to river on 876Q6 board before folding.

Button sees nearly 100% of flops. Will call flop with any draw, any pair. Passive.

SB $7.75
Hero $12
Button $30
10NL 6max

Hero opens A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif for $.35, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop ($1.15)
K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, Hero bets $1.15, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn ($3.45)
J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, Hero bets $2.25, SB calls.

River ($7.95)
4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, Hero...

Ok, SB has about $4 left. Is this an obvious time to put him all-in, or should I consider checking behind here?

2p2J
10-19-2007, 01:07 AM
It looks like he has a King to be calling a pot sized bet on the flop. Checking and betting both have there strong points here. If you bet and he comes over the top then your pretty much pot committed. But a check looks like it's missing extra value here too many times. I wold put him in personally.

vixticator
10-19-2007, 01:07 AM
Push for value, I think *he* would have done so with two pair or better. So, you're good IMO.

Genesis
10-19-2007, 01:15 AM
Ok thanks. Just a quick check-up for me. I am constantly missing value on the river because I get worried in spots like these. I ended up checking and he showed KQ. I'm sure he would have called off his last $4.

2p2J
10-19-2007, 01:39 AM
Often I get the same way on the river. Look at the texture of the board and notice theres a missed flush draw and a couple str8 draws out there, but hes not likely check/calling with a made str8 on the turn and would likely bet on the river or check raise the turn so your going to hear from him when he has it most of the time IMO.

Genesis
10-19-2007, 01:44 AM
I agree. That river card changes nothing, so if he had something better he would've let me know by now most of the time. I need to bring that thinking to the table...it seems to allude me at the time of the critical decisions.