PDA

View Full Version : Line check please - 10NL KK overpair with deep stacks

doublehawk
10-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Hi guys, villain is a tardfish 91/67/2.3, but has put together a stack somehow. I'm looking for some thoughts about my play here - should I slow down against someone who could have just about anything, and how do the deep stacks affect a hand like this, if at all?

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

CO: $25.05
BTN: $14.60
Hero (SB): $24.45
BB: $3.45
UTG: $39.90
MP: $7.95

Pre-Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.40</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.60</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $1.20

Flop: ($3.30) T/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, UTG calls $3

Turn: ($9.30) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.10</font>, UTG calls $6.10

River: ($21.50) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $29.20 and is All-In</font>, Hero..?

vixticator
10-18-2007, 10:33 PM
No, call. Bet/call turn too IMO. Overpair is the nuts against most people, with maniac in hand even better.

ghostface
10-18-2007, 10:46 PM
idk if id fold KJ to someone with those stats

SDone
10-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Call, and vomit when he turns over j4.

Richard Tanner
10-18-2007, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call, and vomit when he turns over 6-5 and says "I had a feeling" .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Cody

Schiester
10-18-2007, 11:40 PM
I suck against these maniacs. These guys say call and thats good enough for me. Maybe I'm a bit weak but I'm more likely to fold, spew in my mouth a bit, and move to another table.

Food for thought. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that guys like this make their coin shoving rivers with made hands and get called by people suspecting a bluff.

By the way, he has implied odds to call your pf3bet with a wider than normal range considering you're both deep stacked... not that a 91/67/2.3 is likely to be aware of this.

In villan's position are you people calling w JTs / low pps?

slush420
10-19-2007, 02:16 AM
believe it or not this may be an appropriate time to flat call the flop - you heard me -. BB can hardly set mine due to short stackedness so it would be safe to committ him on any non ace flop and it keeps big stacked donk from stacking you even if pot sized bets are made on every street.

SDone
10-19-2007, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
believe it or not this may be an appropriate time to flat call the flop - you heard me -. BB can hardly set mine due to short stackedness so it would be safe to committ him on any non ace flop and it keeps big stacked donk from stacking you even if pot sized bets are made on every street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait... what?

slush420
10-19-2007, 03:39 AM
if you believe there's a high probability villain can knock you off your hand, a flat call is fine here vs a deep stack and a shorty IMO. but if you're gonna 3bet here, be prepared for a wild ride

DblBarrelJ
10-19-2007, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call, and vomit when he turns over 6-5 and says "I had a feeling" .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd honestly be more afraid of A5 here than 65. I'm guessing from those stats this guy would probably go nuts with any A and call all the way to the river. Also, don't forget, this guy just flat called all the way to the river, then pushed. We don't know what he would've done had you bet into him on the river. You gotta call though. Like Ghostface said, I don't think I could fold kj against this guy.

BTW OP, I didn't see the # of hands these stats came from. How many hands did you have on villain?

doublehawk
10-19-2007, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW OP, I didn't see the # of hands these stats came from. How many hands did you have on villain?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only from about 80 hands, nothing huge.

Is this about the time I should be posting results, or are they not wanted yet (or at all)?

well named
10-19-2007, 10:39 AM
This is a call in my opinion and I think you're missing value sometimes against these kinds of players by not betting the river, although obviously not in this case.

Th3_Ic0n
10-19-2007, 10:50 AM
I insta-call and hope for the best

thoman8r
10-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Fold the river only if you hate money.

Also, I'm leading on every street against this retard.

Against a 91/67, I'm pretty much felting KK regardless of the board.