PDA

View Full Version : Help?

Cactus Jack
10-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Is there any way you can make me a better poker player?

I really suck.

Great to see the forum up and running. Well done.

CJ

Entity
10-18-2007, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way you can make me a better poker player?

I really suck.

Great to see the forum up and running. Well done.

CJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. It's nice to have it up -- looking forward to putting up some more videos in the near future.

As far as the better poker player part goes, well, we're trying... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rob

slamhound
10-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Wondering if you've done any vids HUD-less?

Entity
10-18-2007, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done a couple (I play HUDless about 1/2 the time overall), but most of them are me playing more than 1 table so we won't be able to post them here (just due to the physical size of the recording). If you want I can check out our library and figure out which ones have been played with and without a HUD.

Rob

slamhound
10-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking about a membership. I've been playing a lot of 3-4 handed games without an HUD, and seeing how you guys develop reads and take notes would be great.

DeathDonkey
10-19-2007, 03:00 AM
Hey slamhound,

I humbly believe I am pretty good at getting reads on my opponents, and since I have started doing single table videos I find my reads / notes on players have been much more accurate and useful. I would say even if a video has a HUD used do not dismiss the value of the "getting reads" idea presented in the video. I use stats and observational reads in my play to learn about unknown opponents.

-DeathDonkey

Joe Tall
10-19-2007, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm thinking about a membership. I've been playing a lot of 3-4 handed games without an HUD, and seeing how you guys develop reads and take notes would be great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of my older videos are HUD-less, I say nearly 20 of them are.

Joe Tall
10-19-2007, 03:10 AM
One thing I watched was that you don't breathe during a session. Check out my older, meta-game, vids they have a lot of techniques that you need to move up.

Let me expand: When we played in that 4/8 game a few weeks ago and you got into a hand with one of us, you were taken out of your natural element, you were not the same person as you were just before the hand was dealt. Breathing well can help you get through this and let the decisions flow. Think of it like playing poker on your couch in your living room, just relax.

FUJItheFISH
10-19-2007, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

our team winning micro HULA under my captainiship wasnt enough? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

slamhound
10-19-2007, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

our team winning micro HULA under my captainiship wasnt enough? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I aspire to your level of awesome. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

pig4bill
10-21-2007, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the stuff with all the numbers? I play 99% live and I see those numbers on the players hardly at all, so I wonder if these videos would be helpful to me at all.

DeathDonkey
10-21-2007, 02:54 AM
Hi pig4bill, yes HUD numbers are a visual representation of statistics, and we do frequently display them in videos. All 3 instructors play a decent amount of live poker in addition to online, so I certainly don't think of myself as an "internet player" only. I refer to the stats in the general way that I would refer to a live player as "loose", "tight", "passive", or "aggressive" but I use many variables that are observable in making all my decisions, and hopefully I'm able to express that in the videos. I definitely feel like our videos would improve the poker playing of a live player as long as he is able to apply concepts on a virtual screen to his normal game (the same skill needed when reading and interpreting a poker book IMO).

-DeathDonkey