PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: i played a small pot with TP2K, wtf am i doing on the river?

Maunzekater
10-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Villain is 18/11/inf/94, no reads.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $53.20
BB: $53.75
UTG: $47
MP: $52.05
CO: $55.40
Hero (BTN): $95.20

Pre-Flop: A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.50</font>, SB calls $5.25, 2 folds
<font color="blue">First thought: you have a PP here sir, don't you? Second thought: fancy play with AK or AA.</font>

Flop: ($13.25) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks
<font color="blue">No need for protection on this dry board and i don't want any worse hand to fold. Maybe i am inducing a bluff on later streets.</font>

Turn: ($13.25) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, SB calls $7
<font color="blue">Time to get some value. If he c/r, i have to make a decision.</font>

River: ($27.25) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks
<font color="blue">Arrrgh! I DID IT AGAIN! I was sure he had a pocket pair and i don't value bet. </font>

What do you think about all streets, especially river (it's awful, right?)

kolotoure
10-18-2007, 03:25 PM
River bet/fold for like 6/8 pot

kolotoure
10-18-2007, 03:26 PM
or even 3/4

r2me
10-18-2007, 03:28 PM
If you check flop to keep weaker As around, then bet bigger on turn &amp; river (3/4 PSB) to build the pot.

wingchunflush
10-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I am still betting onthe flop, I dont want to give the guy a free shot to hit his set. Might not win as much but not going to lose as much either

Check_The_Nuts
10-18-2007, 03:35 PM
I would have done 9-10 on turn. It's close between bet and check on the river. I have some people playing AK like that to exploit how aggro I am.

Nothing wrong with any size between 1/4 and push.

Milky
10-18-2007, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am still betting onthe flop, I dont want to give the guy a free shot to hit his set. Might not win as much but not going to lose as much either

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has a PP he's only drawing to two outs so a free card really isn't going to hurt you ver often. The value of checking flop is that it looks like you have a weaker PP or something that is scared of the ace. If villain has a weaker ace then he'll pay off on the turn and river but probably not if you bet all 3 streets. Same goes for if villain has high PP. They may c/c flop then c/f turn or just c/f flop but if you check it may induce bluffs or "value bet" from KK and the like.

hendal
10-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Why not bet flop and check turn to induce a bluff. Your flop bet could be seen as a Cbet and the turn check strengthens that idea. Often villain makes a river bet to try to steal the pot.

Check_The_Nuts
10-18-2007, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not bet flop and check turn to induce a bluff. Your flop bet could be seen as a Cbet and the turn check strengthens that idea. Often villain makes a river bet to try to steal the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

cause he's not gunna float an A72r board with JJ.

Milky
10-18-2007, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also play it like that too... pretty similar to just checking flop, and may be better if you've been seen cbetting then c/f afterwards.