PDA

View Full Version : What to do with JJ or QQ preflop/postflop against a nit raiser?

n4rf
10-18-2007, 03:08 PM
I am asking this because if I know a certain villain is nitty like hell and he's raising me preflop and I have position on him, do I always 3bet him with a hand such as JJ or QQ?

I played a hand today against a nitty villain and I had QQ, I figured not to raise him, and would rather see a flop. Well flop came with undercards, he bet, should I raise so I know where I stand/throw off a C-bet? Just call to keep the pot small in case he has a big hand?

Or should I have 3bet preflop so I know where I stand then? Obviously if He re-raised AI preflop I would probably throw them away.

Anyways I wasn't happy with the way I played the hand, I played it too passively and just kept calling down, including the riverbet which was about 75% of the pot (around $4 at 10NL)

Ideas?

Check_The_Nuts
10-18-2007, 03:41 PM
don't call down with QQ postflop if you slowplay it preflop.

Your question is too general. I cold call JJ fairly often but reraise it sometimes too. It depends on which position he's in and how often I've been reraising.

I always reraise QQ. Very rare for me to cold call.

ICMoney
10-18-2007, 03:44 PM
When you say nitty, I assume QQ+, AK.

If he's a nit - you already know where you stand. As a 40% dog at best.

It blows 3b against this range.

Sometimes I will 3b QQ against a nit and then check behind a low play. He's folding AK to a cb anyways.

You can call his CB for the price of 3b him PF and then get to see what he does on the turn if you are IP.

Most nits would prob CB AK on a low flop and then give up right?

If he keeps firing on the turn, I might just pitch it.

I don't like giving action to nits.

n4rf
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Yeah he was pretty nitty, about 12/5. I realize I should have probably given up on the hand probably on the turn if not the river. But also, play it more aggressively and not so passively.

Spurious
10-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Raise it preflop.
QQ is a powerful hand, you dont know where you stand if you just call on every street.
3bet and reevaluate flop.

tannenj
10-18-2007, 04:22 PM
call pre. call his cbet on the flop. the rest depends on how nitty he is. if i have to give you a default line, call a turn bet and fold to a river bet.

tannenj
10-18-2007, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise it preflop.
QQ is a powerful hand, you dont know where you stand if you just call on every street.

[/ QUOTE ]

this advice is not good

well named
10-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Even a 12/5 is raising AK, AQ, and 99+ so I don't think 3-betting QQ is terrible against this range. Could you explain why?

Sorcerer808
10-18-2007, 04:41 PM
If he's from early position I'd call preflop. Then I like a raise on the flop (if it's really raggy). He's likely to call the raise with almost all of his range and you can check turn behind. Calling twice and folding river is also a good line.

Schiester
10-18-2007, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise it preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

this advice is not good

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why this advice is not good. Even 'nitty' is raising AJ+, TT+; a range which we have around 60% equity on pf.

IMO its going to be cheaper to fold to a 4bet than see AA,KK at showdown.

Sorcerer808
10-18-2007, 05:03 PM
WTF does the equity has to do with 3betting other than telling us not to 3bet? If we have 60% equity PF, why not take it. Once we 3bet him, he calls with JJ+ / AK and now we're screwed.