PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: QQ, turned Ace and a LAG - rate my call

Maunzekater
10-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Villain is 41/20/5.8 over a small sample of 60 hands. He is very aggressive, pre and postflop. He didn't fold one single hand to a flop bet and attacked on the turn frequently, when IP (3/7, 2 all-in raises). In two big pots, he flat called preflop and flop bet and forced his opponents to make a difficult decision by raising all-in on boards that turned scary (board pairs, 3flush), in both cases they folded. He didn't have to show down one single hand so far. However, we have no history as we were not involved in any postflop play.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

BB: $62.95
UTG: $49
BTN: $72.20
Hero (SB): $47.95

Pre-Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $3
<font color="blue">Standard. I don't know what his minraise means, but of course i play this hand.</font>

Flop: ($8.50) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, BTN calls $8
<font color="blue">I bet pot here to a) build a big pot to get it all-in on the turn and b) to protect against a flush draw.
He called instantly. I don't think he has a strong hand here, more likely a medium strong hand. I am very likely ahead here.</font>

Turn: ($24.50) A/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $13</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $60.20 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $22.95 and is All-In
<font color="blue">Ugly turn card, but least no spade. Could the ace have helped him? I don't think it's very likely, with a strong ace he would have raised more preflop and why a minraise with a weak ace that doesn't want to see a flop? If he called with AT,A6,A4 i will pay him off.
If i don't bet he will likely try to take the pot down, but i really don't want to give a free card, so i bet out and don't go for a c/rai. And i think i bet for value most of the time.
Because i decided to get it all in, i called his push instantly.
</font>

Comments on my turn play appreciated. Do you prefer to c/rai, fold, whatever?

Logun
10-18-2007, 03:12 PM
I think you need to quickly review if he has min-raised in position before

I generally find these to be bad steal attempts - however given his calling-station nature I pop PF a little more 5$.

Turn I think against this guy you have to call here and pray

you are getting 3:1

meleader2
10-18-2007, 03:14 PM
min raise from button A8o+, 22+ ur screwed, although the turn is debatable. i'd have folded.

Maunzekater
10-18-2007, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
min raise from button A8o+, 22+ ur screwed, although the turn is debatable. i'd have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand. You recommend check/folding the flop, because his range is {A8o+, 22+}?

Elaborate please /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Check_The_Nuts
10-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I would have checked. I'm not sure if I like check/raised all in (check call) or check/fold on the turn. It depends on what he does on scarecards (sounds like bluff them?) making check/call better. But its still really really close and there's nothing wrong with check/fold.

It sounds like he floats a lot. Not clear on exactly how much, but I would have been paying attention to with what as well.

Really hate bet/call.