PDA

View Full Version : AQ faces turn min-raise on AJ94 board

Genesis
10-18-2007, 02:41 PM
25NL 6max

My stack $25
Button $24

I've played about 15 hands at the table and so far Button has gone unnoticed, so probably somewhat tight.

I open A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif in MP to $.75 and get called by the Button.

Flop ($1.85) A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet $1.5, Button calls.

Turn ($4.85) 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet $3.50, Button raises to $7.00, I call (?)

River ($18.85) 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check, Button bets $7.87, Should I call again?

What hands should I expect to be against here?

Dunkman
10-18-2007, 02:44 PM
This may be weak/tight, but I think I may have folded the turn. Just calling the flop then minraising the turn isn't really a usual line for a flush draw, so I'm pretty much discounting that possibility. I think we're beat on the turn almost always.

Berky
10-18-2007, 02:45 PM
only had we beat is A10.
With no stats I can't make this call. Fold. Half pot bet screams value.

monkeymaps
10-18-2007, 02:47 PM
folding turn isnt really that bad the first time he does this IMO, turn min raises from a player who you suspect to be tight is usually a pretty strong hand Id fold and make a note here.

Genesis
10-18-2007, 03:06 PM
I folded the river. I was considering a turn fold but couldn't shake the possibility he could do this with QT, KT, KQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, or AT, perhaps weaker Axs. Perhaps I should wait until I have a better read before calling there. On the river it did seem like a pure value bet, even though I was itching to call, so I let it go.

I'm finding I have a tough time releasing hands like this because I just don't believe my opponents and my hand is reasonably strong. Probably my biggest leak.