PDA

View Full Version : Stealing the pot if it's Ace high and you're sure villain has KK.

crystalallen
10-18-2007, 10:01 AM
How would you steal a pot - with position - if you're 99% sure villain has pocket kings and there's an ace on the flop?

I'll post the hand if I have to, but it's really embarassing.

Profish2285
10-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Call flop, raise turn

crystalallen
10-18-2007, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Call flop, raise turn

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds good.

I just came back to post the hand.

I'll live with the shame.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

SB ($2.82)
BB ($7.06)
UTG ($24.34)
Hero ($4.80)
CO ($2.96)
Button ($6.28)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[/images/graemlins/club.gif], J[/images/graemlins/heart.gif].
UTG calls $0.10, [color=Red]Hero raises to $0.45</font>, [color=Gray]4 folds</font>, [color=Red]UTG raises to $1.5</font>, Hero calls $1.05.

Flop: ($3.15) 4[/images/graemlins/spade.gif], A[/images/graemlins/heart.gif], 9[/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
[color=Red]UTG bets $0.95</font>, [color=Red]Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG calls $1.05.

Turn: ($7.15) 2[/images/graemlins/heart.gif] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: ($7.15) Q[/images/graemlins/heart.gif] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
[color=Red]UTG bets $1.3</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $8.45

Results in white below: [color=White]
UTG doesn't show.
Outcome: UTG wins $8.45. </font>

cashstrapped
10-18-2007, 10:21 AM
If you want him to fold this you have to bet the turn after hes shown weakness.

Nemesis69
10-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Raise flop bigger and fire the turn imo!

SDone
10-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Yea, the simple thing to do would be to play it more aggressive.

TTStrangler
10-18-2007, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How would you steal a pot - with position - if you're 99% sure villain has pocket kings and there's an ace on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

By not min raising is a good start. He's never folding the flop min raise, ever.

creamfillin
10-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Bad idea in the micros

ICMoney
10-18-2007, 11:55 AM
I think the standard line for KK is to check the flop and hope you check behind.

The KK will prob bet turn and prob CC river.

If you want to push him off, I think it will take three bullets.

Betting/raising flop, following up on the turn/river.

If you had a set, I doubt you are min raising and then checking the turn.

Looks like a much less than half-hearted effort.

Coach me please if you can put him exactly on one hand.

Gbucks &gt; Sbucks

crystalallen
10-18-2007, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Coach me please if you can put him exactly on one hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. The pre-flop re-raise
2. The size of the bet on the flop
3. The amount of time it took to bet on the flop
4. The check to me on the turn.

I was very short stacked and I realize now that if I was going to raise on the flop I should have just raised all-in. But at that time I just had a suspician. I was sure on the turn when villain checked to me.

I like call flop, raise (or bet) turn. But others would work, I just needed to be more aggressive.

Nymfh23
10-18-2007, 01:37 PM
He is never going to fold.. and you are referingh only to steal not to hit and then extract the money.

stealing in this situation is impossible or atleast unlikely.

if you have Ax and you are sure he has KK only way i stay in that pot is to hit the ace and run wild.

but how can you be sure your read is correct. he might as well have QQ JJ possible TT depending on players and AK and AQs is a possibility also.

and about being empassed you should if you knew he had KK. but i really dont believé that you knew if you did thats one hell of a read and please teach me to read that perfect. sounds to good to be true

Nymfh23
10-18-2007, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats just hilarious...

would you fold KK in a micro game? preflop? i only fold if the flop turn + river is so bad that i have no doubt he has me beat. if its a normal flop i'm ready to drop my money to him and go on with the next hand.

you will be amazed how many actually float in these situation in micro limits. they never fold broadways or small pairs. and you are a big favorit vs them.

crystalallen
10-18-2007, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

but how can you be sure your read is correct. he might as well have QQ JJ possible TT depending on players and AK and AQs is a possibility also.

and about being empassed you should if you knew he had KK. but i really dont believé that you knew if you did thats one hell of a read and please teach me to read that perfect. sounds to good to be true

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll revise. I was 95% sure he had kings. I was 99% sure he didn't have an Ace and he was worried that I might.

There's something that happens to you when you have pocket kings and an ace hits. I could just sense it in every second that went by before he bet.

And this:
1. The pre-flop re-raise
2. The size of the bet on the flop
3. The amount of time it took to bet on the flop
4. The check to me on the turn.

crystalallen
10-18-2007, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats just hilarious...

would you fold KK in a micro game? preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed something...
The poster was suggesting a way to steal the pot based on my read.

No one said anything about folding kings preflop. Although later I was thinking maybe I should have just folded my jacks preflop. I can't remember ever being able to do that, but I know I've wished that I had done it lots of times.