PDA

View Full Version : Video: DeathDonkey plays 15/30 LHE 6-Max

DeucesCracked
10-18-2007, 03:51 AM
<html>
<head>

<body>

<h3>DeathDonkey plays 15/30 6-max.</h3>

DeathDonkey single tables a 15/30 6max game on Full Tilt Poker. In this hour long video DeathDonkey handles a few tough situations against tough opponents and some multiway pots with a loose player trapped in the middle. He reviews his stats and a couple key hands in PokerTracker to wrap up the video.

Any questions about the hands played, the video, the site, or suggestions about our videos, post them here. We encourage feedback and discussion about our videos, so we put it here for everyone to check out for free. Enjoy!

<embed src="http://www.deucescracked.com/flash_videos/flvplayer.swf" width="640" height="480" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
flashvars="file=http://www.deucescracked.com/flash_videos/2plus2/15_30_6max.flv&amp;displayheight=480&amp;image=http://s3.amazonaws.com/twoplustwo/dc.png&amp;autostart=false" />

</body>
</html>

danzasmack
10-18-2007, 02:38 PM
1st

Edit: lol

Vavavoom
10-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Damn..

This looks good... Good luck to you guys..

fraac
10-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Excellent stuff.

But does this mean the other forum is just for stox? I was hoping you would all be forced together so the competition would improve standards / lower price.

danzasmack
10-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Pretty sure the Stox one is right below this one. Competition is still there.

Joe Tall
10-18-2007, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Excellent stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you very much.

[ QUOTE ]

But does this mean the other forum is just for stox? I was hoping you would all be forced together so the competition would improve standards / lower price.

[/ QUOTE ]

StoxPoker has full control over the content in their forum as we do here. I am unsure what direction they will take.

Cueballmania
10-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Very good video. The last hand was very throughly analyzed. There was a hand where the LagTag had 22 against the loose guy across from you. You mentioned that he may peel the flop with a gutshot type hand. So, when the turn falls, should he check that with the intention of calling a blank river? Or does he just give up even through the loose player could have a draw? I just think there is too much money in the pot to just give up being the aggressor.

dying2win
10-18-2007, 07:28 PM
wow wtf, this is amazing!

edit - good job!

RedSoxDonkey
10-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Where do I get that tilt blocker thing? Very good vid, thanks.

Beastmaster
10-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Having trouble viewing the video? anyway to post this on youtube ? thanks

Entity
10-19-2007, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Having trouble viewing the video? anyway to post this on youtube ? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Youtube won't allow for videos of this length or resolution, unfortunately. I'd be interested to see what problems you're having with the video -- are you viewing it from home? What browser are you viewing it in?

Rob

Beastmaster
10-19-2007, 01:03 PM
viewing via IE, does it just take a long time to load, usually have a fast connection with videos.thanks

Entity
10-19-2007, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
viewing via IE, does it just take a long time to load, usually have a fast connection with videos.thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty hard to troubleshoot remotely but the server is definitely hosted on a fast connection. Contact me on AIM (username DeucesCracked) and I'll work with you to see if I can troubleshoot it.

Rob

Takshi
10-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Real nice vid.

Jaswarbrick
10-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Nice video mate. Good analysis of practically every single hand. Makes me want to start to try out some limit stuff!

Sailboats
10-19-2007, 08:50 PM
good stuff. That video was pretty interesting from the perspective of someone who only plays live to see online play.

bigblackbuddha
10-20-2007, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Where do I get that tilt blocker thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

GuyOnTilt
10-20-2007, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where do I get that tilt blocker thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/AutoHotkeyTiltBlocker

Sushiglutton
10-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Very impressed. Much more giving than I thought. Interesting when donkey picks up the read aout the LAG/TAG spewing a bit too much on the flop. And then is able to exploit this tendency in a later hand (AQ). Reminds me I have a LOT to learn.

Cactus Jack
10-25-2007, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Very impressed. Much more giving than I thought. Interesting when donkey picks up the read aout the LAG/TAG spewing a bit too much on the flop. And then is able to exploit this tendency in a later hand (AQ). Reminds me I have a LOT to learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a total fanboy of 2sX, I know I already HAVE learned a lot. This one is DD's best yet and is really great. In fact, all of the videos are top notch and I watch them over and over.

I can't wait for the next one, esp if it's on hand planning. (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

vmacosta
10-28-2007, 10:05 AM
T6o call from BB strikes me as out of line. I would have folded T7o there too.

EGO
11-08-2007, 01:21 AM
This video has changed the way I play LHE. As soon as I get to 2/4, I'll be purchasing a 6-month membership. Thank you.

Joe Tall
11-08-2007, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This video has changed the way I play LHE. As soon as I get to 2/4, I'll be purchasing a 6-month membership. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you buy a monthly membership, you will have full access to all our videos. They are down loadable to your computer. For $29 now, you could speed up your run at 2/4! You can also earn a subscription by signing up for rakeback though our site and making $500 in a month. All major rakeback sites available and they are full supported with stats.

DeathDonkey
11-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the kind words EGO.

-DeathDonkey

stinkypete
11-09-2007, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. i was very surprised you called. do you have any relevant statistics to back up this call?

*TT*
11-09-2007, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. i was very surprised you called. do you have any relevant statistics to back up this call?

[/ QUOTE ]

What time in the video?

stinkypete
11-09-2007, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What time in the video?

[/ QUOTE ]

not gonna look it up but somewhere around 20ish minutes i think.

33/10ish guy limps utg, some guy raises button, dd has T6o in BB. i don't think it's particularly close, even if both opponents are bad.

*TT*
11-10-2007, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What time in the video?

[/ QUOTE ]

not gonna look it up but somewhere around 20ish minutes i think.

33/10ish guy limps utg, some guy raises button, dd has T6o in BB. i don't think it's particularly close, even if both opponents are bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

the 2/3 blind structure makes it closer but I agree with you. 97o and I call, 96o and its close. On the bright side DD's got a wide range at times and knows how to exploit the situation when he hits with marginal hands while not getting overly involved to minimize his potential losses. Whatever mistake is made pre-flop is minor since his post-flop edge is so strong.

stinkypete
11-10-2007, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the 2/3 blind structure makes it closer

[/ QUOTE ]

that might make the button marginally more likely to raise, but i don't really see why that would make a significant difference.

vmacosta
11-10-2007, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On the bright side DD's got a wide range at times and knows how to exploit the situation when he hits with marginal hands while not getting overly involved to minimize his potential losses. Whatever mistake is made pre-flop is minor since his post-flop edge is so strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting that DD has something like 23% equity here so I'm really having trouble believing he plays well enough postflop to overcome the RIOs that lack of pos. and really crappy offsuit cards bring. T7o has 25%, 97o has 25% and 96o has 23-24%. suspect they are all losers even if hoss/schneids/bryce/whatever played them.

of course somebody with a nasty big db could really come in here and shut down all my hand-waving speculation.

*TT*
11-10-2007, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the 2/3 blind structure makes it closer

[/ QUOTE ]

that might make the button marginally more likely to raise, but i don't really see why that would make a significant difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

slightly more money in the pot to fight over with fewer opponents. We also have relative position by acting after the button post flop which will doesn't quite balance out the ability to act last, but it does make it easier to isolate the button. Like I said in the last post I wouldn't call this slim personally, I might get as slim as 96o in this situation. The T is a big part of his limping hand range, oddly a 9 makes me more comfortable since we aren't playing for high-card dominance.

stinkypete
11-10-2007, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

slightly more money in the pot to fight over with fewer opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

1/6 of a small blind gives you somewhere between 0.01 and 0.02 big blinds more in equity. it's probably closer to 0.01 with reverse implied odds considered. the fact that the small blind is slightly bigger really shouldn't affect your decisions in the big blind materially, unless you happen to know that LP players are raising significantly more because of it.

The Bryce
11-10-2007, 06:49 PM
One thing that a lot of people forget is that calling in the BB there puts you in a good position to pick up the pot with a bluff on some of the extremely dry flops. That being said I would still say it's pretty close unless you know a lot about / play extremely well against the players in question. Might be a spot where you can run the hand at higher limits (30/60+) but not the lower ones (you pay something in the ballpark of 0.08BB/hand played in rake at 5/10).

DavidC
11-28-2007, 09:16 AM
weird...

button raises and you fold J3o in the bb (~5:1)

folded to you in the sb and you complete T3o (~5:1)

Is this just because vs the button raise your equity dropped?

I think the button raiser's ASB was about 34% and he was a loose aggressive type (40/17) (2100 hands).

*TT*
11-28-2007, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
weird...

button raises and you fold J3o in the bb (~5:1)

folded to you in the sb and you complete T3o (~5:1)

Is this just because vs the button raise your equity dropped?

I think the button raiser's ASB was about 34% and he was a loose aggressive type (40/17) (2100 hands).

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo. As a rule of thumb you want to defend with hands that contain 35% equity vs you opponents range. Vs a SB that is playing 80% or more of his hands your should feel free to play nearly everything, T3o has 37% equity vs his range. The chart below was calculated by Equilator, a great equity ranging tool that is sort of like PokerStove on steroids -

Handrange with greater equity than 35% vs the button:

Player 1: 44+, A2s+, K3s+, Q7s+, J9s+, T9s, A2o+, K6o+, Q9o+, JTo

22+
---
A2s+
K2s+
Q2s+
J3s+
T4s+
95s+
84s+
74s+
63s+
53s+
43s
---
A2o+
K2o+
Q8o+
J8o+
T8o+
97o+
87o
76o

vmacosta
11-28-2007, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

bingo. As a rule of thumb you want to defend with hands that contain 35% equity vs you opponents range.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sort of a crappy rule of thumb. I've recently went through my db (I defend more than I should, so my sample sizes are pretty big), and I'm pretty sure the "rule" should be slightly less than 35% for suited hands, around 35% for offsuit connectors, and somewhat above 35% for offsuit big-litle type hands. I'll let others do the work themselves to come up with the exact numbers.

Thanks for the equilator ref--I'm gonna check it out right now.

*TT*
11-28-2007, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

bingo. As a rule of thumb you want to defend with hands that contain 35% equity vs you opponents range.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sort of a crappy rule of thumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

a rule of thumb doesnt mean its a fact, it means its a good measurement to estimate with. Its great starting guide, nothing more - like most situations in poker you must adjust, adjust, adjust! Remember - everyone's thumbs are different sizes (and NT! has No Thumbs!)

TheWorstPlayer
11-28-2007, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sort of a crappy rule of thumb. I've recently went through my db (I defend more than I should, so my sample sizes are pretty big), and I'm pretty sure the "rule" should be slightly less than 35% for suited hands, around 35% for offsuit connectors, and somewhat above 35% for offsuit big-litle type hands. I'll let others do the work themselves to come up with the exact numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]
obviously any 'rule of thumb' is going to be very rough in this spot since HU it's going to depend so greatly on the quality of your postflop play relative to your opponent's... it's just a rough estimate to start with and it should get you in the right ballpark. take it for what it's worth.

*TT*
11-29-2007, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your free to grovel at my feet for turning you on to Equilator, its my favorite poker tool hands down. I can live without a hud, a tracker (would suck for tax records but I can live without it), etc etc etc.... but Equilator is a rare gem.

vmacosta
11-29-2007, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
obviously any 'rule of thumb' is going to be very rough in this spot since HU it's going to depend so greatly on the quality of your postflop play relative to your opponent's... it's just a rough estimate to start with and it should get you in the right ballpark. take it for what it's worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i hear ya. i was just trying to drop some knowledge in case anyone here was interested. oh well, back to trolling the strat forums...

34TheTruth34
11-30-2007, 03:24 AM
great video guys. analysis and quality are top notch. well done!

slamhound
11-30-2007, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your free to grovel at my feet for turning you on to Equilator, its my favorite poker tool hands down. I can live without a hud, a tracker (would suck for tax records but I can live without it), etc etc etc.... but Equilator is a rare gem.

[/ QUOTE ]

So glad I randomly decided to check the forum. Great prog. Interface is nice too.