PDA

View Full Version : Four to the nut flush on the turn, playing short...

Josh!
10-18-2007, 12:23 AM
Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $9.35
BB: $23.45
UTG: $6.85
MP: $13.75
Hero (CO): $4.35
BTN: $11.70

Pre-Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.40</font>, Hero calls $0.40, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $0.60</font>, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.15) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero ?</font>

Obviously I'm playing short here, which is a bad idea, I know. Do I bet here, or do I take the free card with so many outs to potentially the best hand (eight clubs, three aces, maybe counting the remaining Jacks as an out as well?) or do I bet now to try and take it down here or make it worthwhile in the end. MP is reasonably loose from what I've seen, not positionally aware and in a folded pot could be raising with a pretty wide range of hands. Any broadway with a decent kicker, any suited Ace etc.

If I do bet, how much? All in? Just the pot with the knowledge that I'm committed regardless of what the river is?

ICMoney
10-18-2007, 01:22 PM
You are IP and called his PFR and CB. If I was villian I would assume this hit your range (mid PP and SC) pretty hard.

You have the Ac so even if he has a combo, he might be drawing dead.

You need about 39% equity and even against red queens you are 36%. A shove of $3 is not the easiest call for him, even with those queens.

Even against 9c7d you have 34% equity, with a TON of folding equity.

I think a shove is a good play here.

BTW, are you floating the flop to hit a 9 or /images/graemlins/club.gif only, or will you stab sometimes too (assuming a full stack)?

well named
10-18-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm raising the flop to about 2 and getting it in if called/shoved over. You have a strong combo draw with less than 50bb this is a nice spot to semi-bluff.

21SuicideKing21
10-18-2007, 01:27 PM
If you're playing short and have a draw like this, I would raise flop and hope to get it all in here.