PDA

View Full Version : Trips do I bet river?

Xexilla
10-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

BTN: $76.65
SB: $56.10
Hero (BB): $54.85
UTG: $51.65
CO: $60

Pre-Flop: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, CO calls $5

Turn: ($18.25) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, CO calls $15

River: ($48.25) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)

Should I be worried at all?? Most times is he drawing here or has a hand like KQ?? Should I set him in on the river or check call? Cheers.

Xexilla
10-18-2007, 12:02 AM
In fact out of interest is the call preflop ok?? or should I be folding most times pre here?

kelvinsense
10-18-2007, 12:18 AM
I think he has a King here, so you can go ahead and bet the river. And I would fold prelfop (sc's oop aren't great)

Hail Eris
10-18-2007, 12:28 AM
Fold preflop; SCs suck OOP. Shove the river for sure.

PietM
10-18-2007, 02:51 AM
It's possible you get called by a better 8, but villain's range is so much bigger than that. You get called by a King enough to make a bet profitable.

Khaos4k
10-18-2007, 02:55 AM
Villain will be thinking a pair of kings has a lot more value than it actually does. Bet.

orange
10-18-2007, 03:30 AM
Fold pf and yeah, please please please shove this river. i would raise the flop to 8 as well.

Berky
10-18-2007, 04:33 AM
Yeah fold PF due to OOP but definatly shove this river and then triple fist pump when he shows QK

wems
10-18-2007, 04:50 AM
im sure something like A8, or K8 would reraise on the turn? or am I wrong?

SilentNoise
10-18-2007, 06:10 AM
typically fold preflop, unless you have a very good read on how villain plays postflop. if you are calling preflop, it should be with the intention to c/r semibluff / bluff a bunch of flops, and not just try and make a good hand.

i think its better that you just fold preflop though. as played preflop i think flop/turn are fine. but river is a super standard push for value. he will call with Kx. AA, probably even a frustration call from QQ/JJ knowing 50nl.

Tempel
10-18-2007, 07:06 AM
Fold pf unless you know that he's so aggressive so he'll pay you off big if you hit. But gerenally you should fold sc's pf oop.

Since you've lead from the flop so strong i dont think you can induce a missed FD-bluff on this river if villain isnt a total donk, so you have to push it. He'll call you with KQ/AK/AA and mabye closes his eyes and calls with QQ.

If he calls you with A8 or KK there is nothing you couldve done. With the exception of learning an expensive lesson to not play sc's oop.

worpler
10-18-2007, 07:15 AM
having got that far I'd be shoving it in......

munkey
10-18-2007, 07:22 AM
Orange said everything that needed to be said IMHO.
Though i'm interested why you suggest to 8 and not more?

Why wouldn't you bet this river?, turn action seems to suggest your still ahead and vs Kx,or may be AA/QQ or a diamond draw and given your betsizing river is an easy less than PSB shove.

SCs often flop draws or semi draws that play better IP, though a familyish pot I'll call here.

liquidstealth
10-18-2007, 02:03 PM
I fold pre flop for sure.

Bet the river. I think you are way ahead. Shove if you think he will call it. If not reduce the bet a little. Either way dont give him a chance to check behind.

orange
10-18-2007, 06:06 PM
munkey,
as you know, pots grow exponentially. if you bet larger on earlier streets, even if its just a few bbs more, it definitely helps to get the stacks in by the river.

i think raising to like 9 would be overkill though. you still want to reasonably 'pretend' that you could be raising this flop with air/draws/etc. larger raises on the flop usually mean good hands at these limits. if villan is retarded then i guess it doesnt really matter how much you raise.