PDA

View Full Version : NL25 KK on 79BB flop.

MaltbyStu
10-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Don't get all excited with monsters under the bed replies. I didn't fold. I'm more interested in some answers to thoughts below.

I think this is a WA/WB situation but the size of pot on the flop left me wondering what the optimal play was.

UTG is extremely tight and is probably on JJ+ here. CO is a poor player and has been calling raises and raising first in a tonne. The fact that he has called my 3-bet (which could have been larger) makes me tighten his range to maybe 77,AT+

Now with these ranges UTG has 47% equity to my 31%. From a theoretical/optimal play point of view this confuses me especially when I look at the size of his stack.

Anyone have any thoughts on these equity figures/stack sizes or optimal play ideas?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($46.25)
UTG ($19.45)
MP ($23.55)
CO ($30.20)
Button ($19.90)
Hero ($25.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1.5</font>, CO calls $1.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $5.75, MP folds, CO calls $4.50.

Flop: ($19.75) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Pokey
10-17-2007, 11:38 PM
The *worst* you can do is get about 33% equity, based on current depth versus the pot size. I open check this flop: I consider myself all-in, and I want to make sure that others get all-in too. I figure that if I check this flop, MP will push if he has a relatively weak hand and will slowplay-check if he's got a good hand. If MP pushes, it's an instacall regardless of what CO does. If MP checks, then CO will almost surely push and I can snapcall; then CO will do whatever he's going to do, either padding my pot with a weaker hand, folding and giving me the pot, or calling while I'm drawing very thin but with the best possible odds.

In short, if someone hit a set I'm stacked -- that's a given. The only question is whether I can stack someone who did NOT hit a set. That's why I give them a chance to bet. I'm really not afraid of anybody catching up if I give a free card, so I might as well go for maximum value and not push out weaker hands that might bluff at it or "value bet" stupidly with a weaker hand (QQ, underpairs that put both enemies on AK).

Besides, if it gets checked through I can always open-push the turn and either get it all-in or pick up the pot uncontested.

ICMoney
10-18-2007, 01:26 PM
I was going to respond, but I think as a general rule any time Pokey posts we can just hit quote and say, "Well Said."

cashstrapped
10-18-2007, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was going to respond, but I think as a general rule any time Pokey posts we can just hit quote and say, "Well Said."

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, Just what i was thinking

Nymfh23
10-18-2007, 01:48 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif