PDA

View Full Version : changing bankroll considerations when bonus whoring?

The_Bankroll
03-04-2006, 04:40 PM
I was wondering about this the other day. I'm usually fairly conservative with my bankroll, but I was thinking about this:

I don't remember the exact formula, but risk of ruin is determined by your win rate and the standard deviation of your play, correct? well, when bonus whoring, the money your clearing is increasing your net BB/100 and lowering the standard deviation, since it's guaranteed. wouldn't that lead to a lower risk of ruin, and being able to play on a smaller bankroll with less of a chance of going broke?

Duff
03-04-2006, 05:07 PM
This is correct, considering you don't go broke clearing the bonus.

briton
03-04-2006, 05:50 PM
No bonuses will actually increase your chances of going broke. I mean think about it sites giving you free extra money. That will take a toll after a while.

I vote this is the best post of the year.

BonusPros
03-06-2006, 11:52 PM
I totally think you can beat the system with bonuses. Even with a small bankroll. You can even start with $50 and turn it into $500 within a month all while minimizing your risks. BonusPros suggests a bankroll of $2 - $4K to keep up with all the good offers. I'm not sure what you consider a "small" bankroll. But even $500 could do...but youre not going to make as much as you can with that much. As far as going broke, if you do it right, I dont think the variance of bad runs can overcome a BonusPros type of player. If you play higher limits obviously anything can happen.

Layzie
03-07-2006, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I totally think you can beat the system with bonuses. Even with a small bankroll. You can even start with $50 and turn it into $500 within a month all while minimizing your risks. BonusPros suggests a bankroll of $2 - $4K to keep up with all the good offers. I'm not sure what you consider a "small" bankroll. But even $500 could do...but youre not going to make as much as you can with that much. As far as going broke, if you do it right, I dont think the variance of bad runs can overcome a BonusPros type of player. If you play higher limits obviously anything can happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a long way from bonuswhores, but I admire your effort in promoting your site in every thread possible.

BonusPros
03-07-2006, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the compliment. I will take it for what its worth. I'm just barely getting started and BW has treated too many people like crap to be the only guy on the block. I wouldn't send my Grandma to that site...so I had to get my own to help her make some extra money. Thanks for checking it out.

Layzie
03-07-2006, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the compliment. I will take it for what its worth. I'm just barely getting started and BW has treated too many people like crap to be the only guy on the block. I wouldn't send my Grandma to that site...so I had to get my own to help her make some extra money. Thanks for checking it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't complimenting you.

froggy527
03-07-2006, 05:12 AM
This guy has made all of his 50+ posts in 4 hours!
And of course he manages to slip his website in a lot
his useless posts! I feal a banning coming on!!!