PDA

View Full Version : Book of Revlations Explained

CORed
03-04-2006, 04:14 PM
http://photos.rnr.id.au/fungus/amanita_muscaria_2.jpg

billygrippo
03-04-2006, 04:25 PM
im pretty sure those didnt grow near where the bible was written.

CORed
03-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Maybe not. What I can find on a quick google search says nortern Eurasia. They definitely grow in North America too, inluding mountains of Colorado. I'm not sure if they are native. It has a very wide range, but does seem to be mostly in colder areas. Possibly in the mountains of the middle east. Also, it certainly could have gotten there by trade.

NoamChomsky
03-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Those don't look like any of the psychadelic mushrooms I've eaten.

amirite
03-04-2006, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's definitely a good thing. Those (amanita muscaria) don't contain any psilocybin but various deleriants that are enjoyed by just about no one.

CORed
03-05-2006, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

That's definitely a good thing. Those (amanita muscaria) don't contain any psilocybin but various deleriants that are enjoyed by just about no one.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I was young and foolish, I ate one (a fresh wild one). I knew what it was. The only effect I noticed from it was blurred vision, which fortunately cleared up after a few hours. It did make it hard to tie a fly on though (this was on a hiking/fishing trip). Amanita muscaria are really pretty, though.

I have had some enjoyable trips from psilocybin mushrooms.

CORed
03-05-2006, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think the person who wrote the Book of Revelations was on a good trip.

amirite
03-05-2006, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think the person who wrote the Book of Revelations was on a good trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

NoamChomsky
03-05-2006, 02:38 AM
In my younger days I used to take lots of mushrooms at once, like I'd do a quarter easily. Yesterday I did them again but only did 2ish grams and I was really surprised at how radically different the trip was. It was a lot nicer.

billygrippo
03-05-2006, 04:49 AM
OP,

you sure you ate one of those? arnt those what the vikings ate before they went to raze a town or whatever? i thought they were pretty much deadly.

quinn
03-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Does anyone else find that picture hideously ugly?

It's hard for me to look at those.

bisonbison
03-05-2006, 07:33 AM
Does anyone else find that picture hideously ugly?

It's hard for me to look at those.

Paging Dr. Freud. Dr. Freud, please report to this thread.

Johnny Drama
03-05-2006, 02:07 PM
http://www.lemmykoopa.com/lk19/2_5.jpg

CORed
03-05-2006, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OP,

you sure you ate one of those? arnt those what the vikings ate before they went to raze a town or whatever? i thought they were pretty much deadly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it was one of those (or one that looked just like them). Amanita muscaria is what the Viking berserkers ar supposed to have eaten, but they are not deadly. Amanita phalloides, which is in the same genus, but looks nothing like Amanita muscaria, is deadly. Curiously, the psychoactive agent int Amanita muscaria is mostly passed unchanged by the kidneys. There is a tribe in Siberia that would get high from them and then save their urine so somebody else could drink it and get high. I don't think I would ever want to get high bad enough to try that trick, though.