PDA

View Full Version : 3PTK :-D

TheHammer24
01-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Last one I swear

MP2 is a maniac, the other player is Tight Passive

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>,

TRD23
01-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Good old fashioned FPS chip spewing.

The flop bet is marginal at best, HU is a different story but with 2 opponents I can not see it being profitable.

MP1 is 3 betting you with his flush, MP2 is never folding. Even if things go like a dream you are HU against a maniac with the 3rd best pair.

I think there are many more clear cut profitable situations in poker. Making this sort of move here is MARGINAL at best, plain chip spewing at worst. There is a time and place for moves against certain types of opponents, I dont think this is one here.

TheHammer24
01-05-2006, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good old fashioned FPS chip spewing.

The flop bet is marginal at best, HU is a different story but with 2 opponents I can not see it being profitable.

MP1 is 3 betting you with his flush, MP2 is never folding. Even if things go like a dream you are HU against a maniac with the 3rd best pair.

I think there are many more clear cut profitable situations in poker. Making this sort of move here is MARGINAL at best, plain chip spewing at worst. There is a time and place for moves against certain types of opponents, I dont think this is one here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is reading into the hand entirely too much. FWIW, maniacs bet anything here

TRD23
01-05-2006, 11:15 PM
What I am meaning is that the times he does have it you are getting 3 bet here.

Most times you are going to be heads up with a manaiac with 3rd best pair in a small pot OOP, depending on the maniac it may be marginally profitable at best.

TStoneMBD
01-06-2006, 08:51 AM
dont checkraise this turn. very bad. MP1 isnt folding a jack to your checkraise. unless he spiked a 9 its relatively pointless. bet the turn and call down a raise vs the maniac but fold to a raise vs the TP.