PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand his flop action

poincaraux
10-17-2007, 12:52 PM
I've only been here a couple of orbits. He's playing a few tables, and seems kinda solid, maybe a little on the tight side. WTF does this on the flop?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.15/$0.30 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

BTN: $83.20
SB: $84.20
BB: $56
UTG: $38.15
MP: $96.50
Hero (CO): $58.65

Pre-Flop: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $1, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.45) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $10...</font>

poincaraux
10-17-2007, 01:15 PM
If it helps, I've been really active since I got to the table. Lots of raising, lots of c-betting. I folded two hands to large raises and stupidly doubled-up UTG when my overpair was smaller than his. I haven't had any interesting pots vs. MP.

Milky
10-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Looks like a made straight or an uberdraw like JQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I don't see a set or overpair playing it like this, and with his raise pf I'd lean towards the uberdraw.

pdiggz
10-17-2007, 01:19 PM
A hand that beats bottom pair, bad kicker.

prodonkey
10-17-2007, 01:22 PM
why don't u understand the action? He bet 3/4 pot.. got raised, and came over the top.. he can most likely beat bottom pair.

poincaraux
10-17-2007, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
?

Spurious
10-17-2007, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He got a combo draw, thats the difference.
I'd still fold because i think he has a str8/set here nearly always.

poincaraux
10-17-2007, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why don't u understand the action? He bet 3/4 pot.. got raised, and came over the top.. he can most likely beat bottom pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused by the size of the bet. On the one hand, I think that a min-re-raise here is really likely to be a hand that he thinks is really strong. On the other hand, why wouldn't he bet more with such a hand?

If he has a straight, set, two pair or overpair, why would he want to give such fantastic odds to all of the draws that are out there?

Edit: we're 200bb deep, so there's plenty of action left.

Spurious
10-17-2007, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused by the size of the bet. On the one hand, I think that a min-re-raise here is really likely to be a hand that he thinks is really strong. On the other hand, why wouldn't he bet more with such a hand?

If he has a straight, set, two pair or overpair, why would he want to give such fantastic odds to all of the draws that are out there?

[/ QUOTE ]

because uNL players dont care about odds

poincaraux
10-17-2007, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because uNL players dont care about odds

[/ QUOTE ]

So his thought process is more like "I got a good hand and the fastest way to raise is to hit the raise button this dummy is going to pay me my monies lol" than "ZOMG wettest flop ever, so many draws, so many odds"?

poincaraux
10-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Well, I thought his line just didn't make sense on the flop, so I thought there was a good chance I'd be able win later. I got extra weirded out when, after all that flop action, he checked this turn:

BTN: $83.20
SB: $84.20
BB: $56
UTG: $38.15
MP: $96.50
Hero (CO): $58.65

Pre-Flop: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $1, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.45) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $10</font>, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($22.45) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif [ 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ] (2 Players)
MP checks,

ama0330
10-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Now you check behind and fold the river UI, whereas before you could have folded the flop. Your hand is nothing on the flop and a lot of your "outs" are counterfiet hearts. You must check this turn behind and fold the river UI. If you want to win the pot, shove over his river bet (and lose a lot to his flush, but fold out his 2pr/set type hands).

Upgrade_U
10-17-2007, 01:46 PM
that line is mostly a monster like a set or possibly even a straight so I would act accordingly

Milky
10-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Either villain has made a straight flush, has a set and will just c/c the rest of the way, or just had one of his straight cards counterfeited and is scared of that card. In any case I don't think you're ever ahead here and should just check through.

poincaraux
10-17-2007, 02:00 PM
OK, the consensus here is pretty clear.

In the actual hand, I ended up stacking his K/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

I wasn't thinking too clearly when I played the hand .. I just got convinced he was sketchy based on the flop/turn. Afterwards, I had a hard time believing I played well against his range, and it looks like I'm right about that.

Thanks.

prodonkey
10-17-2007, 02:04 PM
You got the other 80% of your stack in with him on the 4 straight 3 flush board?

poincaraux
10-17-2007, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You got the other 80% of your stack in with him on the 4 straight 3 flush board?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I boated up on the super-lucky 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif river.
I still think my play in this hand was a disaster, so feel free to berate me. You'll be preaching to the choir /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Edit: fixed river card

Spurious
10-17-2007, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I boated up on the super-lucky 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif river.
I still think my play in this hand was a disaster, so feel free to berate me. You'll be preaching to the choir /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess it's a split since the deck contained 2 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

poincaraux
10-17-2007, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I boated up on the super-lucky 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess it's a split since the deck contained 2 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oops /images/graemlins/smile.gif i fixed it just as you were replying. it was a 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif on the river.

Milky
10-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Wow, villain played that all kinds of bad... so did you though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

prodonkey
10-17-2007, 02:18 PM
I was thinking he prolly has an overpair.. the real droolers love playing overpairs like this no matter how wet the board is. I'd def make a note on his play.

poincaraux
10-17-2007, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking he prolly has an overpair.. the real droolers love playing overpairs like this no matter how wet the board is. I'd def make a note on his play.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh, i made notes and added him to my buddy list after that one. i'm guessing he did the same for me ...

Maunzekater
10-17-2007, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oh, i made notes and added him to my buddy list after that one. i'm guessing he did the same for me ...

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif