PDA

View Full Version : AJ flops trips

KCrow
10-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Villain is unknown. No stats.

I feel that I should have checked the turn for a bit of pot control and lead out on the river.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

MP: $42.05
CO: $51.25
BTN: $40.60
SB: $29.50
BB: $56.20
Hero (UTG): $50

Pre-Flop: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP folds, CO calls $2, 2 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, CO calls $4, BB folds

Turn: ($14.25) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $9</font>, CO calls $9

River: ($32.25) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $36.25 and is All-In</font>, Hero?

wilfie
10-17-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm calling but I think I would have led the river, surely you can't give a free card on the turn?

bazooka87
10-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Hmm I'd probably let it go, I think you're seeing 44 or 88 here really often.
That being said it's not a clear cut fold, but for a shove for a little over pot, I doubt you're ahead often enough here

Milky
10-17-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm never checking turn. You have a great hand and at this level people often don't believe you have the ace and may call down with a PP or 4, or a weaker ace.

River doesn't look like flush as I don't think a FD calls all this way and pushes on a paired board. I'm thinking he has a weaker ace or has filled up to a fullhouse. Either way I'm paying off as it could also be a bluff since you checked the river.

well named
10-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Your river check looks weak, I don't think the villain normally would overbet with a full house, and flush draws are pretty unlikely. I think you effectively induced a bluff from an underpair and I call.

The stack sizes make a river bet kind of awkward, does anyone like a turn check-raise?

oneeyejak
10-17-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm probably calling although I'd be a little nervous about seeing villian flip over a couple of fours. Or, AQ AK.

SDone
10-17-2007, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your river check looks weak, I don't think the villain normally would overbet with a full house, and flush draws are pretty unlikely. I think you effectively induced a bluff from an underpair and I call.

The stack sizes make a river bet kind of awkward, does anyone like a turn check-raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, I don't see a made full house overbetting like that on the river. If they had stayed in with 88, they obviously weren't giving you credit for the A, so I don't see how they would expect to be paid off.
It looks so much like a bluff I'd be tempted to call.

I'm not too sure about checking the turn here. I think I'd prefer to lead at it.

I would've fire again on the river, and if he raises, you call and pray for A10.

oneeyejak
10-17-2007, 12:30 PM
I like the way villian played if he were to hold 44 and flopped a boat. The overbet on the river makes it look like a bluff but most players will not move in with air in these situations IMO.

SDone
10-17-2007, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the way villian played if he were to hold 44 and flopped a boat. The overbet on the river makes it look like a bluff but most players will not move in with air in these situations IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking. If the villian had 44, they played it perfectly. I'd be VERY tempted to call there a lot of the time.