PDA

View Full Version : NL50 FD+gutshot fire that turn ?

checktheriver
10-17-2007, 11:31 AM
This may be standard, I'm just trying to improve my turn/river game so any advice is welcome.

And if you fire turn, do you give up on a blank river ?

Villain is 35/17/1.5, no specific reads.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

Hero (BTN): $50
SB: $54.50
BB: $15.70
UTG: $41.35
MP: $60.75
CO: $90.25

Pre-Flop: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.50</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.50</font>, MP calls $6

Turn: ($18.75) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
MP checks, Hero ?

EMc
10-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Hes giving you a card to beat him if you are behind, I say take it.

Ra_
10-17-2007, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hes giving you a card to beat him if you are behind, I say take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and being in position I'll ussually just call the flop too.

bazooka87
10-17-2007, 11:44 AM
I like the flop raise.
I check behind turn because you've got to be behind here and you've got so many outs to catch up

SDone
10-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Why would the villian make a less than half the pot bet on the flop and then call a large raise?

Shattered
10-17-2007, 11:46 AM
If villain is the slightest bit aggro, raising that flop is a good idea. You have a lot of fold equity and if he 3-bets you just get it all in, almost certainly slightly ahead.
That said, villain's representing a big ace and you're probably not going to move him off it. Check turn and check behind river if you miss.

r2me
10-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Villan's line looks like pot control w/ a big A.

The conservative route is to check behind IP for the free card. But after calling that big raise on the flop the villan must be worried abt what we have after checking the turn. Looking at this from the villan's perspective, what does s/he think we have if we 1/2 or 1/3 PSB the turn? My guess villan would be thinking we have a set or 2 pair @ a minimum. I may play these draws a little too aggressively, but I bet you get a TON of fold equity if you 2nd barrel on the turn....it's a semi-bluff where you still have a ton of outs to hit on 5th.

Milky
10-17-2007, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villan's line looks like pot control w/ a big A.

The conservative route is to check behind IP for the free card. But after calling that big raise on the flop the villan must be worried abt what we have after checking the turn. Looking at this from the villan's perspective, what does s/he think we have if we 1/2 or 1/3 PSB the turn? My guess villan would be thinking we have a set or 2 pair @ a minimum. I may play these draws a little too aggressively, but I bet you get a TON of fold equity if you 2nd barrel on the turn....it's a semi-bluff where you still have a ton of outs to hit on 5th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be a big A but I doubt you're getting rid of AK with a turn bet. Also, since he's somewhat passive he could be playing a big hand like TT/AA and if you bet turn he's likely to try to get it all-in. I say take the free card.

Also, my flop raise would have been a little smaller.

Berky
10-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Flop is played well IMO. Check behind on the turn for freebie.