PDA

View Full Version : Slowplayed KK on the river facing all-in

platty
10-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Just sat down, no real stats on the villain, knew the MP though - in my book he was marked as very aggro and raised way to much, unstacked him many times before with this move. Was hoping that he would bet with some garbage again.

Eventually folded the river for having no notes or stats on the villain. Don't like my bet on the river

$0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

MP: $19.30
CO: $11.77
BTN: $6.84
SB: $24.20
BB: $12.45
Hero (UTG): $11.66

Pre-Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero calls $0.25, MP folds, CO calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, SB folds, BB checks

Flop: ($1.10) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1</font>, CO calls $1, 2 folds

Turn: ($3.10) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, CO calls $2

River: ($7.10) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $8.51</font>, Hero folds

Results: $15.10 Pot
CO mucked and WON $18.86 (+$11.61 NET)

suggestions welcomed

prodonkey
10-17-2007, 10:26 AM
raise preflop.. why are you limping K's?

RedSoxFan
10-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Like the thought process on letting SB bet w garbage, but this isn't the place to do it. You really need to be in better position relative to him- he's the 5th to act after you here so everyone limps and he has a be a crazy aggro nut to raise junk from SB with that many limpers.

Only a good move usually if you have very strong feeling person on immediate left is going to raise. That way everyone interested has to calls his raise and when it comes to you- you bump it up. In this situation, say SB raises, BB folds, now what do you do? You raise and everyone is forced to call 2 bets- not likely without hands as good as yours or better.

Just my 2 cents- I don't get too fancy UTG

Jaswarbrick
10-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Never slowplay. Bump it up to $1 preflop.

1tripz1
10-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Yeah, never limp.

Wont the river cost you $4 to win $19.6? I might feel committed at this point.

21SuicideKing21
10-17-2007, 10:43 AM
IMO, don't play this type of game at 25NL, don't limp KK UTG esp when you don't have any info on the table, that move is only profitable when you have someone aggro on BTN. This is only going to lead you into more trouble. Also I would bet more on turn and on river is fine.

platty
10-17-2007, 10:48 AM
sorry, the post should read "knew the MP" instead of "SB" - this should make more sense /images/graemlins/smile.gif the table was overly passive during the 10 hands i saw before this one. but generally i totally agree, too fancy for UTG in 25NL. Was wondering about the bets on turn and river, like 3$ and 1/2-pot respectively?

21SuicideKing21
10-17-2007, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sorry, the post should read "knew the MP" instead of "SB" - this should make more sense /images/graemlins/smile.gif the table was overly passive during the 10 hands i saw before this one. but generally i totally agree, too fancy for UTG in 25NL. Was wondering about the bets on turn and river, like 3$ and 1/2-pot respectively?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah esp in this spot, I would bet pot here on turn, and river I would be a little less than pot.

thoman8r
10-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Why are you playing with &lt; 50BB? Re-load before the hand.

Dunkman
10-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Not really sure what you're beating that's calling a bet on the river. I mean I know you limped KK, but we can't really think this guy limped 99+ can we? I don't even really think 76 would pay us off on the river, although I guess they might. At least check and maybe pick off a bluff from T9 or something that floated the flop.

Also, as has been said by like everyone, limping KK is silly.

Phytopath
10-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Umm, well 1st off this is gross unless you are almost positive there is some uber aggro donk behind you that is going to raise, don't limp with KK especially when you are playing less than 50bbs.

With only 50bbs you'll want to get most of your money in on any flop without an ace.

As you played it, bet more on the flop and more on the turn.

That being said you kinda have to pay this guy off on the river, you put in around 75% of your stack already.

Numfar
10-17-2007, 07:03 PM
You are playing with less than half a stack and you get KK - you aren't folding without an A on the board. Raise PF, bet Flop, Bet Turn, bet more on River, call push.

Don't make simple situations difficult by getting fancy or over-thinking them.

Aceium
10-17-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't like folding this on the river because you're getting a good price to call with KK. However, since you limped with KK you let in a bunch of trash hands that probably made some crappy trips or two pair on this board.

So neither calling or folding sticks out as the worse play to me - although I would lean towards calling since it's only 4 more into 11. But you probably wouldn't have had to worry about this if you raised preflop.