10-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

UTG: $67.30
MP: $32.60
Hero (CO): $28.75
BTN: $18.75
SB: $7.50
BB: $41.50

Pre-Flop: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $2.40</font>, Hero calls $1.55

Flop: ($4.90) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($12.90) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>

Not many reads on villain, but he seems ok.

Questions:
- call preflop?
- call flop?
(turn is obv fine)

prodonkey
10-17-2007, 07:14 AM
marginal call preflop his reraise is almost 10% of your stack.

Calling flop is kinda meh too..

Ur title says 56s?

z28dreams
10-17-2007, 07:21 AM
Ya, both the preflop and flop call were on the expensive side.

I've folded this in the past, but was wondering if maybe I was being too nitty.

xoom
10-17-2007, 07:33 AM
No, folding this is pretty standard. You could call sometimes against an opponent you've got good reads on and can outplay post-flop.

I fold the flop against an unknown. If you hit your hand you won't get paid off and you could still be behind to a full house.

Mr_Pathetic
10-17-2007, 11:09 AM
this looks like a continuation bet that has decided to give up. I do not mind the call preflop you have position. I think on the turn what I would do here is check behind to see if I can get him to fire again on the river. The way you played the hand it looks as if you have a hand that is not scared of the flush and if he did get lucky enough to flop a boat you save yourself some money by checking turn. Unless you think opponent will call this turn with just a king, 10, or something like Jack's queens and aces then I would bet. I think in the long term you maximize value by checking turn and allowing him to bet on the river instead of forcing him to have a big hand to call you with on the turn.