PDA

View Full Version : 1010 faces river all in

Xexilla
10-17-2007, 12:16 AM
Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $49.50
BB: $65.75
UTG: $47.75
Hero (MP): $50.50
CO: $24
BTN: $19.15

Pre-Flop: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO calls $2, 3 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, CO calls $3

Turn: ($10.75) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($10.75) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $19 and is All-In</font>

Is this a standard pass?? Can u consider calling here?? Also should I be bet folding the turn rather than checking? hes pretty fishy.

cunning
10-17-2007, 12:43 AM
imo
i think you played this fine on all streets assuming you folded river. i like a turn check for pot control and your just behind too many hands to even consider calling

MAA
10-17-2007, 12:45 AM
FWIW I think you played the hand well assuming that you fold the river.

I know this line is kind of irritating but I noticed that a lot of fish took it with monster hoping for a turn cr

Pokey
10-17-2007, 12:47 AM
There's nothing you beat except a pure bluff. How often does villain have a pure bluff here? Not often. Maybe he's panic-betting his weak Q or his two pair or his AK, maybe he's trying to look desperate so you call his flush. If by "fishy" you mean that he's a standard calling-station who is loose and passive, then you ABSOLUTELY fold this river: passive opponents don't make 2xPot river bluffs. Calling this bet is suicidal against anybody but an extreme LAG with a well-established track record for stupid river bluff overbets.

Fold.

saucyspade19
10-17-2007, 12:52 AM
easy fold, not enough in pot to stack off unless you have some superuser-like tell on him.

plus you never established where you were at in the hand by concealing what eventually was third pair.

Xexilla
10-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Cheers guys for advice very useful /images/graemlins/smile.gif