PDA

View Full Version : Do I look him up here? NL2

Jailblazers
10-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

UTG: $2.33
MP: $2.04
Hero (CO): $4.59
BTN: $4.32
SB: $2.20
BB: $0.72

Pre-Flop: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.17) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.12</font>, BB calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.41) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.41) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.16</font>, Hero ?

BB, my only read on him is that he checks behind on the river w/ marginal hands that have showdown value.

Preflop: Table is tight and my good hands haven't been getting full value so I decide to loosen up my image.

Flop: Lead out expecting to take it down. Good chance he has a four or some pair.

Turn: Pot control, no reason to bloat the pot and get myself committed by the river. My hand is pretty weak and many cards ruin it.

River: So basically all I beat is a bluff. I sort of want to look him up here and take a note on it but if he has anything, I'm beat. Does this line look like he has a four for most villains?

Also, given that BB is passive but not really loose, how do you think I should have played differently?

sivadom
10-16-2007, 11:58 PM
if hes not that loose, he doesnt show up with a 2. If he has a 4 (also unlikely) he missed. Maybe he's the type to play Ax, theres plenty of those at 2nl. No hands really make sense for him here but hes so short you just have to get it in on the turn.

You're misapplying pot control on the turn, you're one reasonable bet from all in, so you obv dont fear a cr.

Jailblazers
10-17-2007, 06:22 AM
Well, doesn't a four make sense? He could've been check-calling his draw and betting out on the river when it hit. Or is it because he called my prefllop raise that there is a weak chance he has a four? Does anyone else think my hand is too weak to get it in by the turn, because if he calls, rarely do I beat him after the board paired. And I have a pretty weak kicker.

SDone
10-17-2007, 06:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if hes not that loose, he doesnt show up with a 2. If he has a 4 (also unlikely) he missed. Maybe he's the type to play Ax, theres plenty of those at 2nl. No hands really make sense for him here but hes so short you just have to get it in on the turn.

You're misapplying pot control on the turn, you're one reasonable bet from all in, so you obv dont fear a cr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could he have called with Ace rag and be chasing a gut shot?

Pocket fours could also possibly be in his range, no?

sivadom
10-17-2007, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Could he have called with Ace rag and be chasing a gut shot?

Pocket fours could also possibly be in his range, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but all of this makes us want to get it in on the turn even more before he decides his A4/44 is no good on the river. But, i think its a small part of his range, seems like Ace w/ any broadway or a poorly played small overpair is more likely. SUcks to be behind the overpairs but theres no non-weaktight way to avoid getting it in if we're betting the flop.

sivadom
10-17-2007, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think my hand is too weak to get it in by the turn, because if he calls, rarely do I beat him after the board paired.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand do you think he has that improves by the 2 pairing? A2, if he actually is chasing aces? I think theres a lot more floated overs. I could be wrong, the reads werent exactly laser sharp, but you dont have much room to find out and giving away cards when you "think he has a 4" is obviously wrong. Trust your read and charge the draw

RedSoxFan
10-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Bet turn- like 3/4 of pot- that's about half his stack. Be aggressive at these levels.

Kevan0
10-17-2007, 11:22 AM
why does no one mention: "just fold this preflop, don't get to fancy on this stakes????"