PDA

View Full Version : Am I being taken to Valuetown?

Dr_Doctr
10-16-2007, 10:18 PM
Villian seems loose/donkish. Hero is very Lag- have started to get hordes of callers including Villian who doesn't give me any credit - have not been involved in big pot with him though. What is going on here at the river - I have to call given history right? Or not - you tell me. River completes another straight and backdoor flush but why the huge overbet? Thanks for comments. And I know I should have raised preflop but was playing a bunch of tables and was timing out so please don't mention it.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $66.02
CO: $25
Button: $30.28
SB: $48.17
Hero: $97.61

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG, folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($1.5, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.25</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($4, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, SB calls.

River: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($14, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $26</font>, Hero?

ryang
10-16-2007, 10:24 PM
raise pf. call river, if he back doored a flush call him a fgt. then get ur chat banned

ryang
10-16-2007, 10:25 PM
i think he's check raising turn if he does have 910.

Dr_Doctr
10-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Thank you but please, please, please don't say raise preflop - I already explained. I don't need to be told to raise preflop. Btw your avatar is hilarious.

Bigka79
10-16-2007, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise pf. call river, if he back doored a flush call him a fgt. then get ur chat banned

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this line. standard

vixticator
10-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Meh, your hand is so strong. He can have two pair or lower set too. Maybe even AK. Or, just air. I call.

cooker3
10-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Overbet = monster at this level 99% of the time but it depends what they define as a monster, they could have pair of 4's, maybe some 2 pair hands.
I think 56 is most likely and you probablu should fold but I likely call anyway as I am a station

Bigka79
10-16-2007, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Overbet = monster at this level 99% of the time but it depends what they define as a monster, they could have pair of 4's, maybe some 2 pair hands.
I think 56 is most likely and you probablu should fold but I likely call anyway as I am a station

[/ QUOTE ]

false. this is not the case 99% of the time is a huge and bold statement. i believe its more like 55-60% of the time but as u say what do they define as a monster?

vixticator
10-16-2007, 10:34 PM
The last two huge overbets I called at river were both bluffs at 25nl but the situation was different, I think I set them both up. It's certainly not 99% or even remotely close.

Lostit
10-16-2007, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The last two huge overbets I called at river were both bluffs at 25nl but the situation was different, I think I set them both up. It's certainly not 99% or even remotely close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say 85-90% of the time at NL50, its a Monster, especially on Stars or FTP. Some of the other sites, maybe not as much but definitely that much on those two rock gardens. I've tried calling them down and there's definitely a situation for spotting the ones to call, but most of the time its highly -EV to be calling those bets at NL50. I've got a PT database full of embarrassing hands to prove it.

On this hand, I gotta fold that river, and here's why:

1.) I only have $7 invested in the hand, so why get an additional $26 in at a point when you're so unsure of yourself?
2.) You said that you've been playing lag at the table, and now people are starting to call you down. What better spot to call you down than when they're on a draw? They figure that you might have air, you've bet small and you let them draw.
3.) You've got possible straights and a flush out there, as well as a couple higher sets. I would bet on the flush draw coming in though, either Ah7h, or 7h6h.

Basically, you're only $7 into this pot, is this really where you want to get your money in?

Dr_Doctr
10-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the input on this everyone - it was very helpful.