PDA

View Full Version : My upswing is gone :(

VorShot
10-16-2007, 06:08 PM
My bankroll is slowly dying, and have no idea why.

I started my bankroll from freerolls, and learned the game a step at a time. I am 100% a super bankroll nit, and refuse to play with more then 2.5% of my bankroll on the table.

Because of that, i was able to take freeroll winnings up to $950.

It was a good time. I wasn't doing anything special really, just ABC poker in the 2NL, then 5NL, 10NL and then 25NL.

THEN the poker ban happened...and my bankroll started to tumble. The fish i had always destroyed were gone. Now, i can watch players at 10NL now, and they play nothing like the old players do...but they are equally as bad, just in different ways.

Lucky enough for me, i manage to take down a MTT about once every couple months. That, on top of lots of rakeback (i now lose, but at a very slow rate) i manage to bounce from what was once $950, down to $180, back to $550, and now again at $300.

I'm at a loss. I know the players are not great, but i'm unable to beat them at any sort of rate. I thought, maybe the first run was a heater, and now i'm just getting coolered. If that's so, the first build from $0.00 to $950 happened over many months, and this "cooler" has been since after the poker ban.

What makes more sense, is the players that play now are fish, just a different kind of fish.

I have no idea what to do.

Should i post a video? I used to eight table, and since the dowswing, i went to 4 tables. Maybe i should drop to 2. But tables are not the problem, as i'm playing the same game with 4 that i play with 2. My game is my problem. I just don't know where.

The last couple nights, i have ran 15/12 (much tighter then i used to, but i've had to stop raising suited connecters and such at the looser tables), and still drop 2-3 buyins a night.

I'm not really looking for "it's just a cooler, keep your chin up," type comments, because from what i can tell;

If skill at the 10NL game was on a scale of 1-5, i was playing about a 3.5. But it seems like all the players with less then a "2" skill level are gone, and now i'm near the bottom.

Has anyone else noticed this? or am i just insane?

My normal game is on Full Tilt, in the 6-max rooms.

I normally bring in almost every pair and hands like AK from early pos and run about 22/18 from the button, never limp, c-bet againts single players who are non-calling stations 100% of the time and value bet the heck out of calling stations.

Maybe i'm not betting enough...maybe i'm betting to much?

I normally raise 4x to open and +1 per limper. I'm pretty sure that's standard. I'm c-betting normally the pot with, or without a hand. (just because no one seems to respect anything less then $1 at these tables)

If a player that always folds calls my c-bet, i slow down and go passive or fold.

I feel like i'm doing very standard stuff and it's just crashing around my ears.

Tonight, i want to load up a couple tables, and just play. Would anyone be willing to look over like one table of an hour session?

Maybe if i get a few people i can send one table per person and see if i get some simular comments back.

Upgrade_U
10-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Making a vid is probably the best solution